I've travelled all around the world and have stayed in mostly four to five star and more up class hotels if im honest. The Hampshire hotel was neither of these things but it's now one of my top ten hotels I've ever been in.
1. The staff is friendly! They're always happy to help.
2. The room (had a double) was pleasant and had everything you need. Hair dryer, safe, kettle... now normally these are things that you won't find in a cheaper hotel, but here they are! The room decor was simple and pleasant and despite it being an old building it was still perfect.
3. Breakfast had variety and wasn't boring at all. Thank you.
4. Location! The tram stop is just less than two minutes away which takes you straight into the city centre. It's so convenient I cannot stress how great it is. Also nice cafés and restos around.
5. The building itself, whilst not really important, is beautiful. Grand stairs at the entrance and a full length mirror on the stairs heading up, old breakfast room and hallways? Such a charm!
6. Free. Wifi. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the greenest part of the centre of Amsterdam, the Hampshire Hotel Lancaster offers rooms in all sizes, from the individual traveller to families. The rooms have a private bathroom with shower, free wifi, coffee and tea facilities, tv and a safe in the room. In our lobby we offer free wifi and free coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Lancaster Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Lancaster Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Lancaster
- Eden Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam