We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October 2013, it was fine for a short city break, not luxurious just adequate:
- good location
- easily accessible by tram
- friendly and helpful staff
- comfortable beds
- quiet location
- yummy bakery round the corner!
- bathroom small (but you don't really need a large bathroom for a city break)
- we had a 'sewer' type smell in the bathroom, we told the receptionist and they seemed to sort it whilst we were out
- the beds were two single beds rather than a double...they weren't zipped together so as a couple we found ourselves falling down the gap in the middle!
Overall a great little hotel, just what you need for a city break!
If you are looking for things to do in Amsterdam then I would suggest:
- the Heineken experience
- the handbag museum
- the house of bols
I would avoid:
- the ice bar!!!
- Also Known As:
- Eden Lancaster Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Lancaster
- Eden Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel in a 100-year old building in city center - Walk to Waterloo Square, Rembrandt Square and Artis Zoo. Certified with the Silver Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Venere so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Lancaster Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.