Stayed with a friend for a couple of nights early December. Couldn't have picked a better hotel. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to see and do, and we walked almost everywhere (although there is a tram stop is just across the road). We were delighted with the very spacious and clean room which was on the 5th floor and easily accessible from the lift. Although we didn't book a canal view, we were able to see the Prinsengracht canal and had a fantastic view across Amersterdam from the balcony, which was a lovely and unexpected surprise. The great location of the hotel does however, mean some noise from the street below at night, the level of which of course depends on who is doing the partying!
Breakfast options were good with plenty of choices of breads, pastries, boiled eggs, cold meats and cheeses, along with hot bacon and scrambled eggs.
Hotel staff were professional, helpful and very pleasant. Taxi service used by the hotel was a very reasonable rate and actually cheaper than a shuttle service.
Would not hesitate to stay here again and am already thinking about planning another trip.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked behind a historical façade right along the Prinsengracht, the Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel provides you an exclusive gateway to discover Amsterdam. The Hotel is located in the heart of the canal district that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.Most of the comfortable, spacious and stylish rooms offer a beautiful view over the canal. Within walking distance are located: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Anne Frank Huis. Also in the neighborhood: the Concertgebouw, theatres, cinemas, the Heineken Brewery, the Diamond Centre, starting points of Canal Cruises and the main shopping streets. The Spiegelkwartier starts 100 meters from the hotel and this historical neighborhood offers over seventy specialized shops with a wide variety of art and antiques. On the Leidseplein (only 50 meters away) numerous restaurants and cafés can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, EasyToBook, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.