The hotel is right along the Prinsengracht canal, and in the center of the city. From the airport, we just took the train to Centraal Station, and then take the trolley to right in front of the hotel. We were able to walk to the Anne Frank house, many of the popular museums, and to the start of a bike tour. The cons to the location is that this city does not go to sleep early, and it can be rather noisy from the street on a Saturday evening if you plan on going to bed early. You also can hear the occasional ringing of the tram bell.
We stayed in the Penthouse Suite which is VERY spacious and offered a larger bed, which I discovered is hard to come by in Amsterdam. The view is fantastic from the suite as it had huge pane glass windows that overlooked the city. However, to get up to the penthouse it required navigating up a very narrow, steep spiral stair case from the elevator. It’s wasn’t took much of an issue for my wife and I who are young and fit. However, and elderly or infirmed individual would have issues with it. Carrying our luggage into the room took a real physical effort. Also, the elevator was out of order when we checked in. The staff stored our luggage in bag check until it was repaired later that afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked behind a historical façade right along the Prinsengracht, the Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel provides you an exclusive gateway to discover Amsterdam. The Hotel is located in the heart of the canal district that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.Most of the comfortable, spacious and stylish rooms offer a beautiful view over the canal. Within walking distance are located: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Anne Frank Huis. Also in the neighborhood: the Concertgebouw, theatres, cinemas, the Heineken Brewery, the Diamond Centre, starting points of Canal Cruises and the main shopping streets. The Spiegelkwartier starts 100 meters from the hotel and this historical neighborhood offers over seventy specialized shops with a wide variety of art and antiques. On the Leidseplein (only 50 meters away) numerous restaurants and cafés can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice