The hotel couldn't be better placed than the Dikker and Thijs Fenice Hotel. Out of the door and you nearly fall into the Prinsengracht, one of the most beautiful of the three major canals. The Leidsestraat is the busy if not hectic street which makes the intersection. There are plenty of snack bars in that street, which is convenient but for the noise and activity of the clientele.
If you have one of the rooms on the front of the hotel, be prepared for the surprise of the rumble of trams passing. I don't even notice them anymore!
There are plenty of rooms set back which are very very quiet. And even bigger!
If you drive to Amsterdam, park at the Olympian Stadium 6€ for 24hours and a free tram ride into town. The Prinsengracht stop is right in front of the hotel door, or equally from the central station a direct line.
The hotel staff are delightful and charming. The rooms tend to be large, comfortable with very nice bathrooms.. the penthouse is a real pleasure.
The ambiance is very warm and pleasant and makes a change from the endless "business" hotels one stays in.
Breakfast is nice, not really special but that seems to be how the Dutch like their breakfasts!!
Bearing in mind how expensive hotels are in Amsterdam, I have often got very good rates at the D&T.
I continue to stop by there regularly and thoroughly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked behind a historical façade right along the Prinsengracht, the Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel provides you an exclusive gateway to discover Amsterdam. The Hotel is located in the heart of the canal district that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.Most of the comfortable, spacious and stylish rooms offer a beautiful view over the canal. Within walking distance are located: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Anne Frank Huis. Also in the neighborhood: the Concertgebouw, theatres, cinemas, the Heineken Brewery, the Diamond Centre, starting points of Canal Cruises and the main shopping streets. The Spiegelkwartier starts 100 meters from the hotel and this historical neighborhood offers over seventy specialized shops with a wide variety of art and antiques. On the Leidseplein (only 50 meters away) numerous restaurants and cafés can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.