We have just recently returned from a 3 night break staying at this hotel in the heart of Amsterdam.
The location was perfect. 5 or 6 stops on the tram from Centraal station. Within reach of the main attractions and some lovely restaurants and outdoor bars in the area. The hotel sits right on the Prinsengracht canal and only a few meters from the tram stop.
The hotel itself was very welcoming. I had requested a high floor and view and they did not disappoint. We were given room 408 which overlooked the canal and had patio doors which we opened and sat watching the world go by. Wedding not experience some of the noise Previously mentioned other than usual city noise (except for Sunday...more in a moment)
I really don't blame the hotel. They could do nothing, but on Sunday the city was invaded by drunken football fans celebrating Ajax winning the championship. The hotel is situated very close to the main square where bars are located and the football,is watched. It was a nightmare. If you are visiting make sure Ajax haven't got a significant match on during the period of your stay. It's a real nightmare.
In short, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again, we were well looked after and enjoyed our stay greatly. I will just keep a closer eye on be fixtures next time!
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked behind a historical façade right along the Prinsengracht, the Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel provides you an exclusive gateway to discover Amsterdam. The Hotel is located in the heart of the canal district that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.Most of the comfortable, spacious and stylish rooms offer a beautiful view over the canal. Within walking distance are located: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Anne Frank Huis. Also in the neighborhood: the Concertgebouw, theatres, cinemas, the Heineken Brewery, the Diamond Centre, starting points of Canal Cruises and the main shopping streets. The Spiegelkwartier starts 100 meters from the hotel and this historical neighborhood offers over seventy specialized shops with a wide variety of art and antiques. On the Leidseplein (only 50 meters away) numerous restaurants and cafés can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.