This small hotel is really situated in a place that is very practical for the tourists. It is In front of a canals bridge where is a Tram station (if you want to use this useful transit for the city center). The Leidseplein square is behind of hotel 2 min walk where you can find a small market and a lot of cafes, bars, coffee shops and restaurants! The Argentines Cuisine “smells” everywhere… The Museum Area is to the same direction 15 min walk. At the other side, eastern of hotel there is the flower market (5 min. walk) and walking straight you meet the Kalverstraat (maybe the biggest shopping street) going left you reach the central Dam Square (almost 20 min walk from hotel). About the hotels “running”, the place is clear, the staff is kind and our Room 503 (balcony-canal view) was big and cozy! If you leave the windows open you’ll understand that you are in noisy area. Trams and people passing are endless… until the first morning hours (The nights are crazy in Amsterdam). Breakfast was OK, more than basic, and it’s serviced at the place of Restaurant Thijs.(nice place). Note that sleepers and bathrobes are not at the hotel’s amenities. The conclusion is that Dikker Hotel is a Decent place to stay and enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked behind a historical façade right along the Prinsengracht, the Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel provides you an exclusive gateway to discover Amsterdam. The Hotel is located in the heart of the canal district that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.Most of the comfortable, spacious and stylish rooms offer a beautiful view over the canal. Within walking distance are located: the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Anne Frank Huis. Also in the neighborhood: the Concertgebouw, theatres, cinemas, the Heineken Brewery, the Diamond Centre, starting points of Canal Cruises and the main shopping streets. The Spiegelkwartier starts 100 meters from the hotel and this historical neighborhood offers over seventy specialized shops with a wide variety of art and antiques. On the Leidseplein (only 50 meters away) numerous restaurants and cafés can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice