“Great location, everything worked perfectly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rembrandt Classic Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rembrandt Classic Hotel to your Saves list
Rembrandt Classic Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herengracht 255, 1016 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #222 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Great location, everything worked perfectly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

!!!!!It was perfect; location, room, shower, WIFI, reception all worked wonderfully well.

I've covered what I want to say, but for some stupid reason tripadvisor insists I use at least 200 characters!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here Feb 2014 and the room was huge. There was three of us and we had plenty of space and the room was very clean. the windows were huge and our room was facing the canal. Got a bit lost getting here as its just off a road but once we found it and got to know our way it was very easy to get pretty much anywhere. We hired bikes from the hotel for 24hours which was great. Breakfast was ok kept us going through the day, missed it one day though as we could get up in time! Very good looking hotel with large rooms, clean, good location and nice views. Would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a classic Amsterdam hotel very well located, facing the canal. You can go everywhere (turistand historical sites) just walking or renting a bike.
The rooms are ok: spacious, low wood-cealing (classical Amsterdam), wifi, nice beds and comfortable bathrooms.
They offered breakfast for surcharge but the didn't tried it. Just around the corner there's an organic cafeteria that we loved!!! (tried the bagel filled with cream chesse, honey and walnuts... incredible)
The staff was really nice and helpfull (our flight was cancelled after we checked-out and they contacted the airline for arrangements, as well as find us a new room in the hotel).
It's just a few blocks from Dam Sq. and Owde Kerk it's around the corner. The area looked pretty safe even at night. The view of the canal at night with the lighted bridge is really nice.
I could definatelly stayed here if I go to Amsterdam again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Hotel Is a little out of the way, but easily accessible by tram and a short walk. The lady at check-in was somewhat surprised that I had booked a double bed for myself and my same-sex partner (and suggested I didn't want this, not that she was a relationship councillor), the room was basic, the price was adequate. Not a bad hotel for a short sight seeing trip, wouldn't stay here if I were planning and extended trip or for business.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel was chosen aiming it from the center, with easy access from every direction and the same exit. Comfortable rooms are spacious, cleanliness of the room was fine, the area quiet during the day and you can enjoy a relaxing throughout the day., We enjoyed the hotel that wherever we came easily and in a short time, when we were need help we have received all the necessary help from the reception site

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Riyadh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The place was nice. We booked it for friends group but its more suitable for a couple with kids. Staff is nice but only available on chek-in and chek-out time. location is conveniet for everything. Security is also good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, the first time left a great impression when taking into account the location (5 minutes max from Dam square) and the canal view we had, as a result I decided to return. Whilst I probably would consider staying here again it would be on the basis of a different room being provided in my most recent stay. I was given room 14 which is by reception and as a result you can here every person who enters the hotel, all night, and I was getting in late or early depending on how you look at it.

The staff are all very helpful and seem to speak a wide range of languages, the rooms are clean although a little dated you get what you pay for and value for money wise they are good enough. The location is just great, an easy walk to Dam square and a range of local attractions bars restaurants.

Would I recommend going here? that depends on the room you get, the first time we stayed in one of the first floor canal view rooms and it was beautiful to wake up to each morning with good sound proofing on this basis I would highly recommend. The second time looked out over a little courtyard (not a terrible view but far from the canal view) and had terrible soundproofing were I not getting so late it would have proved a serious issue.

Please note I paid the same price for both of these rooms.

My advise do stay here Yes, but not in room 14! Happy travels!

Room Tip: Not 14!! Canal view rooms are great!!