“STAY HERE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romantic Getaway
Ranked #17 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
NYC
“STAY HERE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

After weeks of research on every internet side imaginable I found this hotel and had a good feeling, so I booked it. My wife and I were immediately excited as soon as we stepped into the hotel. The decor is very classy and has an old world feel. The people that work there are super friendly, helpful and will do anything they can to help you find or get somewhere. The room was a suite with a four poster bed overlooking the canal. it was perfect. The bed was comfortable too. Every morning and night there was always complimentary fruit or cookies and always fresh coffee or hot chocolate. My wife and i travel a lot and try to get a lot of value for the dollar. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

2,094 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I carefully chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and other sources. I was quite disappointed (for the first time with Tripadvisor). We chose a canal view deluxe room based on other posts. I booked on their web site and paid full price, so I wasn't being "punished". The room (410) was quite plain, two small chairs and a small desk. You need to leave the bathroom to towel off. A shallow closet (too shallow for hangers to hang perpendicular to the wall) and no drawers at all. Bed and bedding adequate at best. This place is 2.5 stars - two for the room and an extra.5 for the lobby.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I stayed on my own for one night at Hotel Estherea prior to joining up with a group tour. I actually had changed my hotel reservation about a week in advance of the trip after reading a recent string of negative reviews on Tripadvisor of the hotel that I had previously reserved. I was so pleased that I decided at the last minute to change to the Hotel Estherea instead. I arrived at 11am following my arrival on the redeye flight from the US, and my room was ready even though it was well before the designated check-in time. The room was small but very pretty, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The location was great- centrally located to many of the tourist areas, just a few minutes walk to Dam Square, yet in a nice quiet neightborhood on the Singel Canal. My only disappointment was that I only could spend one night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

The hotel was great except for the fact that the Wi-Fi was not free - it cost 10 Euro per night, PER DEVICE. I was travelling with my wife, and we both have laptops, and we both have iPhones, so that meant an extra €80 for a 2-night stay (O2 Ireland charges HUGE data roaming rates, so the €10 per day Wi-Fi fee was unfortunately still cheaper than paying the roaming charges on the iPhones). I am just frustrated when I go to a four star hotel, pay four-star rates, and then get soaked for the Internet access. Someone needs to tell the hotel management that everyone - and I mean everyone - uses Wi-Fi these days, and it should not be an "extra".

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Stockholm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is not a hotel that I would recomend to my worst enemy. Unfriendly staf that left us waiting for an hour (!) when checking in without explenation. The room was dirty, the bed broken (!) and there where blood stains on the sheets....we left of course after complaining. The staf refused to listned and charged us for the room...never been treated this way in a hotel before.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I think that this hotel show the best correlation with Amsterdam.
It’s very compact and cozy. It is located in the foot availability to central square/area of Amsterdam and other central sights (including Van Gogh's museum).
Numbers very small, but modern enough, TV accepts many channels.
The excellent first floor from the general drawing room, it’s beautiful aquarium, ancient books.
It’s very tasty breakfast with very various components – both meat, and milky, and dessert food.
In my opinion, this hotel isn’t good for family rest with children, and it’s good for tourist groups, romantic relations and people of advanced age.

• Stayed January 2007
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and gracious. The room was super clean and very comfortable. We absolutely loved our stay here and would highly recommend it. We had read some reviews that were not favorable about this hotel and decided to try it anyway and are we glad we did! Frankly, I think some people aren't happy no matter what you do for them. The next time we visit Amsterdam this is where we will stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Estherea? Share your experiences!