“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Mighigan
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

We were traveling with a group of 5 couples and just completed a 14 day river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Found the Estherea on the internet and it had received some nice reviews from fellow travelers. Price was right too. We were not disappointed. The rooms were spacious with a large bathroom. Our room was on the warm side but the hotel staff supplied us a fan which really helped. The lobby was had a wonderful decor and the staff was extreme helpful. Estherea is right on the Single canal and all the main attractions were within easy walking distance - Ann Frank House, Dam Square, Red Light District, Flower Market, etc. The hotel only serves breakfast which I thought was pricey. My wife ate there both mornings and said it was very good. There are a couple of pastry shops in the next block which were excellent. We highly recommend the Estherea.

• Stayed November 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

I just returned from my first visit to Amsterdam.
I found the Estherea on this web site and I was not disapointed.
It is a charming hotel in a beautiful location.
the lobby is very pretty and very European.
Our room was a decent size. I have defiantely stayed in smaller rooms in Europe. It was very pleasant and well kept.
The veiw from the canal side rooms is really beautiful. .
The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
This hotel is a great value. It is very reasonably priced and delivers in this price category.
Good choice!

mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night. It was my first time to Amsterdam and I was told the city is not known for there hotels. I was so impressed with our hotel, it was classy and vintage everything I was looking for. The room was so spacious and clean and it had a beautiful big canopy bed and a view that was to die for. Ask for a room looking onto the canal. My boyfriend had been to Amsterdam before and was never happy with the size of room as he is 6'3. He loved the hotel too! It is also very central and easy to get around the city. I loved it and would definately go back.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2005

We stayed at the hotel for one night in November and as soon as you walked into the reception it was warm and welcoming. Complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available in the reception area and you can sit in the lounge and watch colourful tropical fish swimming around living coral in a fish tank.
It was my daughters birthday and they gave her a fantasic room overlooking the canal, we had a room at the back of the hotel and although there was no view it was comforatble, nicely decorated with an excellent bathroom.
The breakfast included fresh fruit salad, sausages scrambled eggs etc as well as cheese and cold meats which was more than enough to set us up for a day of sightseeing.
And the great thing about the hotel is the location, you are right on the canal area with interesting streets nearby and restaurants etc within easy walking distance.
To get there from the airport you can catch the train to centraal station (3.5 euros) and then catch a tram number 1,2 or 5 and get off at the third stop. It is a few minutes walk to the hotel.

I will definitely be staying here the next time I come to Amsterdam

PS they have a temporary outdoor ice skating rink in Dam square for the christmas period definitely worth a go - if you dont mind making a fool of yourself !

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2005

My girlfriend and I just spent a few days in this hotel and we were very happy. The location is just excellent, everything is at 5 - 10 min walk but the canal is silent and calm.
The people working at the desk are very helpful and professional. A girl (unfortunately I do not recall her name) hepled us in finding cool resturants and took care of all reservations and also advised us of a resturant.
The best part are the rooms. Our room faced the canal and was clean and very cosy, perfect for a couple. The bath is just great, big, clean and it had a bathtub! Immagine the whole day walking around Amsterdam in the cold and then going back in the hotel room and jump in a steaming hot bathtub...perfect!

Ayr, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

We spent a long weekend in this hotel in September 2005 and found everything we had read in the reviews to be true.
The hotel is in a great location for touring Amsterdam and although near the centre you are not disturbed by noise at night.
Our room was beautiful and had a lovely view over the canal. The decor was tastefully done and everything was spotlessly clean.
We found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant at all times even phoning the lost property office for us when we left our camera bag on the tram.
The courtesy free tea, coffee and fruit is an excellant extra touch which we have not had before in any top class hotel.
The only thing which we felt was lacking was the fact that the entire public area on the ground floor, including the bar area,was non smoking and while we accept this suited many people, it surely would have been possible to select one small area where smoking was permitted. Smoking was allowed in the rooms so it was not a problem but it did mean we did not tend to sit for too long in the public areas as we would have done between our sightseeing trips.
On the whole, I would recommend this hotel and we will certainly stay here when we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2005
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

I was only there for one night before flying back to the states but after seeing the location (not too far from the Central Station but not too close), the room and being greeted by the friendly staff, I wanted to stay longer! I had a view of the canal from my good-sized room (as opposed to many European rooms that are rather cramped). There's a charming library on the ground floor to watch the world go by while having tea. I've stayed in a number of hotels in A'dam but I'll be going back to Estherea from now on.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Estherea? Share your experiences!