- Great location - away from the "craziness" but easy to get to
- Spui tram stop is nearby
- Restaurants in the neighborhood are very good
- Sparkling clean
- Small touches - coffee maker that is always available, flavored water in the lobby, leaving your key when you go out at the front desk
- Very good about allowing you to check in early if there is a room available
- Breakfast is very good
- The rooms are "different" from say a Marriott but I find this is part of the charm of Estherea!
- Wifi is spotty and only one person can use at a time
I have been to Amsterdam three times and the past four years and I will be going back here the next time I am in town.
- Also Known As:
- Estherea Hotel Amsterdam
- Estherea Hotel
- Hotel Estherea Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Hotel Estherea is housed in a row of historic buildings on the major canal. Behind the 17th century façade, guests find a warm welcome in comfortable surroundings. With its woolen carpets, crystal chandeliers and sumptuous furniture, the hotel is an oasis of tranquility in the middle of the bustling city.The Estherea first opened its doors in the 1940s. this family business is currently run by the third generation. Although the hotel’s comforts and facilities have been brought up to date over the past sixty years, the concept of personal service and attention remains unchanged. All 92 rooms have been recently renovated and are all accessible by elevator. Each room has its own unique character: a wonderful place to unwind a day of exploring the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Estherea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.