“In a word?.. Amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
London
“In a word?.. Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've been lucky enough to stay at at Hotel Estherea a number of times and I am always struck by the exceptionally warm service, beautiful rooms and the handy location which is only 7 minutes walk from the train station.

it is a family run hotel and it's evident from the little touches of fresh baked cookies and unlimited teas and coffees to the individuality of the rooms and furnishings.I've been upgraded twice and they remember me, my preferences and I have been know to change my meeting dates to ensure that I'm able to stay with them as it's the highlight of my trip. As someone who travels alone for work often, they really do an exceptional job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1,944 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely boutique hotel, with fantastic colourful bar and lounge. We had a small room with canal views. Generous choice for breakfast plus good coffee free all day. Lollies in room too. Central to Ann Frank, red light district and canal tours. The staff were great too. Recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my second review of the Hotel Estherea, made a year after the first. It's only time I've wanted to write in again to emphasize my first impressions. In my view this is one of the world's great hotels. I knew I hadn't seen it all, but I thought I'd seen a great deal for one lucky guy, and I'll tell you, there may be places as beautiful, but none more. Every. . .single. . .detail is attended to. No corner is less than fascinating. Every aspect of the decor, in the rooms as much as the common areas, makes me want to run to the owners and kiss them. They've thought of everything and made what they've thought of the best it can be for the space, including the gym, the elevators and the keychains! The food I've experienced is utterly becoming of the hotel itself. First rate, over the top in copiousness with European class. And of course the staff are youthful, eager, accommodating, but real. No airs or obsequiousness. Really, if the god of Hotels has a favorite designer, this is one of their projects. This is one of those rare places one discovers when traveling that is so delightful, staying in is event enough. Things outside could be good, but better??

By the way, if you visit a second time, take advantage of the offer to become a "Friend of Hotel Estherea". For the short form they ask you to submit, you're entitled to free breakfast and internet, and a checkout time of 2 p.m. There is no end to this establishment's talent for pleasing its guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Essex England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and spent 3 nights here for a little break away, we couldn't have asked for more. Great location a canal right outside the door. The hotel itself was boutique, and decorated beautifully. Staff were fantastic! Really helpful and polite. We were upgraded on arrival and our room was perfect. We were next to the lift but did not hear a thing! We booked Internet and breakfast before we arrived ( via the website) and everything was fine we had no problems. The food in the restaurant was varied and something for everyone and there was free drinks in reception, coffee and sweets, cool water with fresh mint in. It was lovely. So pleased we booked here and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 404 next to the lift but didn't hear anything
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I just returned from a 4-day trip to Amsterdam, and based on TA reviews, I stayed at the Hotel Estherea. As others have noted, it's a perfect location on the Singel canal, a 5-10-minute walk from Dam Square and the Royal Palace and a 10-15-minute walk (at most) to the Anne Frank House. I walked everywhere in Amsterdam during those four days, including to the museum square (Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum). I had a small room overlooking the canal, and it was very quiet, non-smoking, and well appointed, including a small refrigerator. I booked directly on the hotel's Web site, so I got free wifi during my stay and a reduced rate for the daily (buffet) breakfast. It was also great to have access to the (free) cappuccino/tea machine just off the lobby. The exercise room (open 24 hours) has a treadmill, bike, and elliptical, as well as free weights and a weight machine. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. I would definitely recommend Hotel Estherea for your stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Salford, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice! Convenient to all attractions we wanted to see. As recommended by other TA reviews we requested a room on a higher floor, so not to here the street noise. The room, 519, had a small balcony that overlooked the street side. Noise was not a problem. It was very well appointed. We booked directly on the hotel site and got the free WIFI in our room, along with a bottle of Proseco! The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a beautiful boutique hotel on the Singel Canal, within 15 minute walking distance of the Anne Frank House and the Canal Boat rides at Central station. We were there mid-week for only 1 night, and were upgraded to room #11- a gorgeous suite on the 1st floor overlooking the Koi pond. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, with AC! Definitely splurge and buy the breakfast! The dining room is pretty, and the spread of food delicious, with local traditions and more. The coffee and cappuccino machine in the lobby are available anytime, with cookies to go with it. The bar and library area were comfortable and begs you to just sit and relax-we enjoyed a drink in the bar, served up with a bowl of nuts. All the staff were very helpful with suggestions and answers to all our questions. They lock the front door at night and you ring for the bellman to let you in-very secure. IF I had to come up with 1 thing to improve, I'd say they might want to get some slightly softer bath towels. But otherwise, 5 STAR all the way. We wish God bless to the staff! We really did want to stay another night!

Room Tip: They seem to book you into the best room available. Arrive a little early for the best assignment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Estherea? Share your experiences!