“Clean, fashionable, central hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, 1012 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn) (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #79 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Clean, fashionable, central hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location and within walking distance of many attractions. The staff in the hotel were beyond helpful and did everything in their power to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. The rooms are fashionable, well maintained and very clean. Perfect for couples or friends. We had an amazing holiday which was topped of by this lovely hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Location of this hotel is amazing!! 5 min walk from Dam Sq & right outside you can get a tram to anywhere. Also central station 10 min walk away if needed too, It was so handy.
Also as some of the reviews say yes, the rooms are small but going on a city break we don't spend time a lot in the room only obv to sleep & for that it was ideal it was comfortable, clean & being on the 4th floor we had no trouble with noise from outside. Would definitely be back here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

As the title says I have stayed here 3 times now but I will definitely try another hotel next time as I really am quite fed up with the small rooms - I know European rooms are small but this is no good if there is more than one person. Having said that the room is clean and modern - nice hotel and friendly staff

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights in November 2013 during our weekend in Amsterdam.

The location is excellent, a short walk from the Central Station, Dam Square and the city center.

We stayed for 2 nights and the first one was terrible : we were given a double room but with 2 very small single beds put next to each other so not comfortable at all, on the street side so very noisy and the room was very weirdly arranged, with the bed facing the wall, which left very little space to move around.

But then things went better when we changed room on the 2nd night and this time, we were facing the back of the hotel, much quieter and with a nice and comfy double bed.

So I'm not sure I would stay there again, simply because the service wasn't good and staff were not very considerate but I think you'd be satisfied if you are looking for a centrally located hotel and a room where you won't find too much time because you'll be busy exploring Amsterdam ;-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here in spetember for three nights, it was me and my two best friends!
the hotel is in a awesome location, literally righty across the road is an array of resturants, bars, shops etc. you literally only have to walk two seconds and you are in the light district. though I must say there are red light rooms in the alley at the side of the hotel, this isn't a problem as I didn't even know until I went down the alley to put out my cigarette. it isn't too close to the clubs, we had to get those little bike taxis to all the clubs which costed about £20, which isn't too bad with three of you!
it is literally two minuites away from the central station which takes you straight to and from the airport!!
we had a triple room, which consisted of a double bed and a single bed, I wont lie the rooms are small, especially for three people, but they were very well decorated and very modern!
the beds are some of the comfiest beds ive ever slept in, with comfy pillows and warm duvets! the windows are large so the rooms are extremely bright! to get into the hotel at night you need to use you card, you also need to use this to get to the stairs and to the lift, this makes you feel very safe, as it shows not everyone can just walk in to the hotel!! the only thing I found very odd is.. the nathroom is totally see through glass half of it, with a small line of frosted glass, bearing mind you can still see everthing. now me and my two best friends.. I am a girl they are guys.. I didn't mind because I knew they would never look at me, but still for a family room.. imagine if it was a mom, dad and son/daughter. could be VERY awkward. we found it funny but just bear in mind, you may wanna call and check you don't have this room if you ever book here, if you feel this would be a problem! :) also another thing, we was on the third floor, and the window was about floor length, so at least 11 foot! probably a lot more!! the window totally opened, from top to bottom and the only thing in front was a flimsy wooden guard! not very safe so if you are taking children then please be careful!! this wasn't a problem for us as we are 18,18 and 21!:D

when in Amsterdam I would recommend the sex museum, its hilarious! you can also pay like one euro and go to a live sex show, only lasts like two mins but that's all you need for laugh!!:) ... we went to smokeys, and the clubs around there, plus the gay bars and some other small clubs round the other side of the town! :) they were all cool! we did the ice bar experience which was cool, for about two mins, but worth the £20 to say you did it! we also did a Amsterdam cruise, lasted about an hour or so and was pretty cool. my favourite food there was wok to walk, not a major fan of noodles, but they were amazing and I could eat them everyday!

I cannot wait to return to Amsterdam and will definitely come back to this hotel when I do. definitely worth the money by far! expensive place to visit but so cool you have to do it!! :D

Room Tip: we had 3rd floor and could hardly hear any traffic noise! :D
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great location but if you want a good breakfast, a room without smell of smoke and being able to use the toilet without your roommate watching take your business elsewhere.

The staff is great and very polite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have just returned from 3 nights in Amsterdam with my partner, our first visit. Firstly the location of the hotel is perfect, 5 minute walk from Central Station, Dam Square and close to everything you would want to do in Amsterdam. Right in the city centre but still quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable, if maybe a bit small but we had no issue with this as we didn't go to spend all day in the hotel. Nice touch on the service, we got a complimentary bottle of wine and some fruit delivered to our room as it was my birthday. Would highly recommend this hotel and we will return.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor at the back and was very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!