“My second stay was good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, 1012 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn) (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #80 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Moscow, Russia
“My second stay was good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for a second time (and again during busy days od Amsterdam Dance Event). Great location, secure place and better wi-fi this year. On the other side: still very soft mattress and there is always gap between two mattresses where I fall in the middle of the night :-) And once I asked not to disturb me but hotel stuff continued to knock the door three times after my request and even door sign. Anyway, it's wonderful hotel with nice breakfast, helpful stuff and clean rooms

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
LotteDijkmans, Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Oleg l,

Thank you for your helpfull review; it is great to see that you actually experienced some of the improvements we made last year!

When it comes to the mattresses; it is extremely hard to find a mattress that fits to everybody's liking, next time please let us know you prefer a harder mattress; as we do provide some facilities to change this a little.

Based on the many reviews about the gap between mattrasses; we have just started with a new company to fix this issue in all our Twin rooms; so I hope that if you decide on visiting us next November literally everything should be perfect!

Last; I would higly appreciate it if you could inform me with your reservation details; as I would like to track down what has happened when it comes to the ignorance towards your Do Not Disturb sign. Could you send this to me at lotte.dijkmansvangunst@westcordhotels.nl?

Thanks so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Lovely hotel, room was a bit small but the beds were phenomenal! Really funky decor. Found the see through shower a bit awkward considering I was with a friend but luckily we're close anyway. Great location right in the middle of the centre. The staff were really accommodating but there English wasn't great so there was some communication issues but their friendliness more than made up for it.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear X_hcm,

Thanks for your great review! In case you're planning on visiting us again; we offer rooms without frosted glass bathroomwalls as well.

Based on your review we decided on using more English vocabulary for internal communication in order to contantly improve our English. Thank your for showing us points of improvement; we are always looking how to optimize our service!
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was here for my 50th birthday with my 2 sons and to save money however the first room we were allocated was not great and had a glass walled bathroom! Staff couldn't have been more helpful when we asked to change to a twin + single and didn't charge any extra which was fantastic. Central location, clean, good buffet breakfast

Room Tip: Be aware of the bathrooms if you're sharing
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lucybooth3,

So nice to hear that in the end we found a solution that matched your needs! I passed on your compliments about the staff to the team in our daily teammeeting.

As all our rooms are differently shaped, just make sure to request an extra spacious Triple bedroom in case you're planning to visit us again, it might be just another match to your request.

Warmest regards
Canad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was very easy to find. We walked from the subway. A few short blocks. The rooms were a bit small. But most of Europe's rooms are small. The breakfast had the best croissants. They were crunchy and warm. Fresh coffee. It was free with the room. You could walk to every thing you wanted to see.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rmkelly,

Thanks for your nice words and your compliments about our breakfast; our team is delighted you like our croissants so much and we definately continue to bake them fresh!

Warm regards,
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner & our friends stayed for 3 days to spend my friend's bday.And we did enjoyed our stayed in West Cord Hotel,it's a memorable stay,especially it's our first time in Amsterdam!A very helpful staff!We will definitely use West Cord Hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for your positivity! We are looking forward to welcoming you again, maybe for your own birthday!?
rochester, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed there on the beginning part of a business trip to Eindhoven. Very small rooms but clean and the shower and beds are amazing. The room I stayed in looked out at a normal street by day but then 4 red lighted windows opened at night lol. It did get noisy but I was okay with that since I wanted to experience that atmosphere. Good location for train, tours, restaurants, walking. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mylenes,

It's been a while since you were here, but thanks for your nice review! The view from your room indeed is "typical", whenever you plan on coming back try one of our rooms on the front side; they have a totally different ambiance!

In case there is anything else you would like to share, or if you're planning on visiting us again in the future, don't hesitate to contact us!

Regards,

Lotte
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is my third visit to the Westcord City Centre Hotel, and it is Ideally situated. the rooms are relatively small, but very clean, with tv, and coffee making facilities. The shower/ toilet room was superb and modern, and the beds really are as comfortable as any I have slept in at any hotel. The staff are very pleasant, and helpful, and made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I myself have already booked again for 3 more nights in mid February.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in at this Hotel have been good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Phil,

I have just read your review of your third stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. It’s great to read that you will return to our hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! We look forward to welcoming you again next year February.

Please drop me a line at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl when you are planning to come exactly.

Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Erik-Jan Bausch

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!