“disappointing!!” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Booking.com Hotels.com
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, Amsterdam 1012 SC, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn) (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #85 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Cologne, Germany
“disappointing!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Grossly overpriced, Looks like a Hostel on the inside and the room was a size of a closet! Reception stuff was incurious and annoyed if you had more than two questions.
Really disappointed for that high Price per night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Traveler1133947,

Thak you for your review. I am sorry to read that your stay with us was disapponting. As I would like to know what the points of attention are, I hope you can send me your contact details to erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl. Then I will contact you personally on this matter.

Thank you for your reply and hope to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

1,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Situated in a very busy part of the city but conveniently placed for walking to all major attractions. Rooms very small but this wasn't a problem as we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. Very clean and contemporary in style. Bed is a small double but soooo comfortable. Breakfast which was included was ample, fresh and tasty . There are just a few red light windows near the hotel but didn't bother us. All of the staff were helpful and pleasant and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel. How ever I would say that this is probably not the destination for you if you are prudish.
All in all for the price paid and in comparison to other hotels of the same calibre it was a good choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Front of the building my be a little noisier due to the tram lines, rear of the hotel overlooks a co...
Dear cookie3_11,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! We look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Bramley, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very firm, cosy, comfortable bed which is great because I gind usually hotels have awful soft pillow-like matresses buy not this one.. Nice clean, stylish bathroom. Great central location, 2 minute walk from centraal station/damrak.

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your comment abour our pillows is highly appreciated. I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future!

Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. Walking distance to all the main attractions and the old part of Amsterdam.
We were nicely welcomed by the reception staff at arrival. Later on they helped us finding good restauratns, tickes for canal boat trip , getting taxies ..... Everething we asked for was provided quick and always with a smile and a good sense of humour.
The rooms are small - but clean and nice.
The breakfast was great !
I will highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Amsterdam - and we will certainly use it again if we ever get back to this lovely city.
Thanks a lot to the staff that made this Amsterdam tour so nice .
best regards
Vidar and friens from Norway

Room Tip: We stayed at room 415 and 419 - which had the windows to the backyard . Quet and good for sleeping
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Vidar95,

I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will pass on your compliments to my team!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is right near the central train station and it is in a reasonably quiet area away from the more crowded canal areas. The rooms are clean and the reception staff really helpful. I have given 4 out of 5 as the only thing I didn't appreciate was the see through bathroom walls in the room. This would obviously be fine if you're not shy and happy to be seen, doing what you do in a bathroom, from every angle of the room. Other than this, we couldn't have asked for any more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marie Therese,

Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Please note we have rooms with a solid bathroom wall as well. We will allocate you one ofhese rooms woth your next visit.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my sister. It's a well located hotel and very clean. The hotel is only 400m from the central train station. I struggled to find directions on the website so instead caught a taxi from the airport. This was a bad idea. It cost 48 euros. The train is definitely the better option - 4 euros for a ticket and then a short walk to the hotel.

Whilst I enjoyed my stay, I do agree with some of the comments. The beds are ridiculously soft (I'm not one to complain about this type of thing but it was like being on a marshmallow). The frosted glass bathrooms are a little too exposed for twin rooms. I would have preferred a solid wall. Also the twin rooms don't separate the beds. It's just too close. I was sharing with my sister so it wasn't too bad but it was the only room like this on our travels.

I think the rooms are more suited to couples than friends sharing. That being said, I would still return here with my husband.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor at the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hkj00,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. It’s great to read that you will return to our hotel. Please note we offer room with a solid bathroom wall as well. In addition we have double beds, which might be a good option when returning with your husband. Just drop me a line when you would like to come back at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

5 minutes walk from the central station. Take a €3.90 train from schipol airport. Very east to find as its on one of the main roads opposite to the station. Very friendly staff and helpful. Room was nice, quite compact but you are not going to live in it so its perfect size, clean and very comfy bed. Red light district is just a 5min walk straight opposite the hotel. Bike rental also opposite where you can hire a bike for €7 for 2hours. Perfect hotel for young couples or any age travellers. Only downside is they have light switches on the headrest of the bed which i managed to turn the bedroom lights on around 4 times whilst asleep :) overall great hotel.
Travel tip : download Trip-advisor city guide which works offline and shows your location on the map and points you to places you want to go, it helped me a lot to find my way to the hotel after a few too many beers :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lloyd,

Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and award it with 5 stars!! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Erik-Jan Bausch

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!