“A perfect hotel for a weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, 1012 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn) (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #84 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Alesund, Norway
“A perfect hotel for a weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. Walking distance to all the main attractions and the old part of Amsterdam.
We were nicely welcomed by the reception staff at arrival. Later on they helped us finding good restauratns, tickes for canal boat trip , getting taxies ..... Everething we asked for was provided quick and always with a smile and a good sense of humour.
The rooms are small - but clean and nice.
The breakfast was great !
I will highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Amsterdam - and we will certainly use it again if we ever get back to this lovely city.
Thanks a lot to the staff that made this Amsterdam tour so nice .
best regards
Vidar and friens from Norway

Room Tip: We stayed at room 415 and 419 - which had the windows to the backyard . Quet and good for sleeping
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Vidar95,

I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will pass on your compliments to my team!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

1,019 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is right near the central train station and it is in a reasonably quiet area away from the more crowded canal areas. The rooms are clean and the reception staff really helpful. I have given 4 out of 5 as the only thing I didn't appreciate was the see through bathroom walls in the room. This would obviously be fine if you're not shy and happy to be seen, doing what you do in a bathroom, from every angle of the room. Other than this, we couldn't have asked for any more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marie Therese,

Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Please note we have rooms with a solid bathroom wall as well. We will allocate you one ofhese rooms woth your next visit.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my sister. It's a well located hotel and very clean. The hotel is only 400m from the central train station. I struggled to find directions on the website so instead caught a taxi from the airport. This was a bad idea. It cost 48 euros. The train is definitely the better option - 4 euros for a ticket and then a short walk to the hotel.

Whilst I enjoyed my stay, I do agree with some of the comments. The beds are ridiculously soft (I'm not one to complain about this type of thing but it was like being on a marshmallow). The frosted glass bathrooms are a little too exposed for twin rooms. I would have preferred a solid wall. Also the twin rooms don't separate the beds. It's just too close. I was sharing with my sister so it wasn't too bad but it was the only room like this on our travels.

I think the rooms are more suited to couples than friends sharing. That being said, I would still return here with my husband.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor at the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hkj00,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. It’s great to read that you will return to our hotel. Please note we offer room with a solid bathroom wall as well. In addition we have double beds, which might be a good option when returning with your husband. Just drop me a line when you would like to come back at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

5 minutes walk from the central station. Take a €3.90 train from schipol airport. Very east to find as its on one of the main roads opposite to the station. Very friendly staff and helpful. Room was nice, quite compact but you are not going to live in it so its perfect size, clean and very comfy bed. Red light district is just a 5min walk straight opposite the hotel. Bike rental also opposite where you can hire a bike for €7 for 2hours. Perfect hotel for young couples or any age travellers. Only downside is they have light switches on the headrest of the bed which i managed to turn the bedroom lights on around 4 times whilst asleep :) overall great hotel.
Travel tip : download Trip-advisor city guide which works offline and shows your location on the map and points you to places you want to go, it helped me a lot to find my way to the hotel after a few too many beers :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lloyd,

Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and award it with 5 stars!! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The location is very conveinent for sightseeing and close to the central rail station. The room is quiet. I really thank the staff for their kind and warm help, aithough it was 11pm and 5am. Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hongfeng,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm a bit late I did my traveling the beginning of this year to be exact I stayed in the hotel last February. I want to start giving everyone an idea about my self I'm 22yr old male, travelled alone, and stayed for a duration four days.

The hotel is really easy to reach from the train station. I was welcomed by a very professional and friendly staff. Once I checked in I went up to my room, to be honest for being under a budget this was an amazing catch. The new modern look really made the small size of the room no issue. The room was really clean, the bed was really comfortable especially after a 8hrs flying from Luxor,Egypt. Before going I read up daily on Tripadvisor, and honestly don't see how some people gave some negative ratings. I do look forward to traveling to Amsterdam once more and I will most definitely stay at the West Cord.

Room Tip: Get the higher floors and politely ask for a room with a view. The staff are always friendly and won...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Macariousd,

Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! It’s great to read that you will return to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel recently as a small group of girls - the hotel is perfectly situated - very near to the station, bars and restaurants. The staff were extremely helpful although we didn't eat in the hotel as there are so many other places to eat. We had room 601 it was situated on the back of the hotel therefore it was fairly quiet, the room was small but perfectly formed - bit of a squash for three but not in room for long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear nikb02,

Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Erik-Jan Bausch

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!