“Great location and very comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, 1012 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn) (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #81 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Cairo
“Great location and very comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Westcord is in a great location and the beds are very comfortable. Although the rooms are very small and the translucent glass bathroom makes me recommend this hotel for couples only. Also be aware that you have to pay for the entire stay when booking.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

EJBAmsterdam, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Mary V,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to you recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you have had a good experience. Regarding the fully prepayment of the room I can explain that we offer multiple room rates. From flexible rates (no pre payment necessary) to non refundable (discounted) rates where a prepayment is obliged. The guest can choose whether they prefer a discount or more flexibility.

I hope I have informed you accordingly and looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnsley, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed for 1 night (£160 for a 3 bed room), would certainly spend more time here though. Very convenient location, close to the train station, walking distance, but just 1 stop on the tram. The tram stop is just opposite the hotel. We arrived at about 11am, but our room was ready so able to check in. We'd taken an overnight ferry from England, and just having the 1 night in Amsterdam it was good that we could check in straight away and leave our bags, so we could maximise our time in the city. The room was lovely. I was staying with my wife and her 23 year old daughter (visiting us from the US), so we had a 3 person room. This consisted of 2 single beds pushed together, with a 3rd single bed in a corner of the room behind a screen. Large screen TV which even had BBC channels, not that we were watching much TV. It was a sizable room, and we felt we had enough privacy. The bathroom was a little strange with a glass door (partly frosted), but well equipped and a vet good and sizable shower cubicle.
The following morning we could leave our bags in a secure store room whilst we explored more of the city, and then pick them up before heading the short distance back to the station.
You can book breakfast the day before for a discount but we preferred to venture out and find a pancake house!
Down the side street across the road is an excellent bar called "In De Wildeman", highly recommended if you are a beer aficionado, carrying various draught beers from around the world and a wide range of bottles.
The hotel is a short walk from the red light district, and many coffee shops in the vicinity. Much of the city is within walking distance, but a visitor tram ticket (1 to 5 days I think, we got a 2 day ticket for €12) is worth getting and then you can get a little closer.
Would certainly consider this hotel again if we choose to travel back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear RichSBarnsley_UK,

Thank you for your extensive review on Tripadvisor. We are aware of the fact our guests would like to check-in as early as possible. Therefore we try our best. I am happy to read that you received this well.

I hope we may welcoming you again soon.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. Our room was facing onto the street where the trams travel so I was a bit nervous about the noise from there but I have to say noise was definitely not a problem! The windows are very thick and once they are closed we found that noise from the street was minimal!

The location of this hotel is brilliant - 5 minutes from central station and 5 minutes from Dam Square! The trams literally stop outside the door which is very handy too!

The one thing I would say is make sure that you are comfortable with the person you are travelling with! The rooms are very small and oddly shaped and when people say that the walls of the bathroom are glass, they are not exaggerating! They are clear glass at the top and bottom and frosted glass in the middle! I found this a bit unnerving at the beginning! You do have to just avert your eyes and look out the window or at the television while your friend uses the bathroom!

Saying that though, I would stay here again and I would recommend it to a friend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Muinteoir_Mishka,

Thank you for your positive comments on you stay with us.

I hope we may welcoming you again soon.

Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This hotel was overall ok, and my review would probably be more positive if it weren't for the following: too pricey and with a discomforting bed. I don't know much about the Netherlands average price for hotels, but after travelling up and down all Europe, I expected something more for almost 200 euros per night, no breakfast included. The room was very small and the bathroom was separated by glass only, that requires some good level of closeness with your roommate... But then again, I would have found it a good deal if we were paying half the price. The double bed was made by two separate matrasses and separate blanketts and linen. Again, in the beginning I thought it was the Netherland way, but on day three of my stay I heard another customer asking to change his room for this reason, and he got it. We decided not to ask to change our room because it was our last night anyway. The staff was helpful and the hotel sells tkts to the main museums, which spares you endless lines. Clean enough and very quite (the windows have double glasses). Great location, 3 minutes walk from Dam square. I would eventually recommend it, if at a better price.

Room Tip: Specify clearly if you want a double bed - not two single pushed together.
Dear jbjrz,

Dear B C,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us recently. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. During this period there is a high demand for rooms in Amsterdam, especially in the city centre. Therefore rates vary every day.

Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Pro: located in the heart of Amsterdam; everything your travellers guide tells you to see is in walking distance of max. 30min; very friendly checkin; receptionists allways friendly and helpful; liked the glass walls of the bathroom
Con: not the cleanest room I've seen but still ok; use of the toilet might be a challenge for "bigger" people :-)

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear B C,

Thank you for tailing the time to respond to your stay with us recently. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were booked to stay two nights but left after one. Our room (412) fronted the main street and was incredibly noisy. The (very small) bathroom walls are glass with frosted sections for 'privacy' and very badly fitting door, bad enough for a couple but when in a triple room the lack of privacy was a real inconvenience. Matresses were too big for the base and if you got close to the edge you felt as if you were falling out of bed. Staff did offer to change room for the second night but it was either going to be a noisy room with proper bathroom or quiet room with glass bathroom, neither a compromise we were prepared to make. Despite the reservation being non refundable we decided to leave after the first night. Reception staff were really unhelpful and rude telling me that I should have looked at the pictures on the website in advance of booking.

Room Tip: If you are prepared to live with the lack of privacy in the bathrooms make sure you ask for a room w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chillichops,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have discussed your comments with my team. If there is a possibility of offering you another room after the first night we would have done this. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but still hope we may welcoming you again. If so, please let me know at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here from April 4th - 7th. This hotel is a 5 min walk from Central station. This was gereat for us because we flew in to Eindhoven, got the bus to Central station in Amsterdam. Its also 5 min from Dam Square. Hotel room is small as are most in Amsterdam. Bathroom however is big with a great shower. Staff in hotel are friendly. Hotel is spotless. Amsterdam is a lovely city with loads to see. Leidsplein area is probably my favourite.
I found the cheapest rate for this hotel on Lastminute.com. It averaged out about 140 euro's a night, midweek.
A small complaint....I left a key behind and emailed the hotel as soon as I got home. The haven't yet replied!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
EJBAmsterdam, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Tanyacherie,

Thank you for sharing you positive feedback with us and other potential guests. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in Amsterdam.

Regarding the lost key, could you please send me your contact details to erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl because we did not receive the mail and I would like to solve this for you.

Erik-jan Bausch
Hotel Manager

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!