“Very disappointing!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 50, 1012 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Tulip Inn)   |
Ranked #85 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night only, and that was enough! The room, although designated a 'deluke' room, was VERY small and the bathroom was simply a corner of the room partitioned off with a glass screen which left nothing to the imagination!! For very intimate couples only! I dread to think what the standard rooms are like! Not to be recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid the deluxe rooms!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Dear guest, thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. You are defenitely not impressed by the design which we realised in our rooms. I am very sorry for this. I hope that the service, breakfast and cantral location was appreciated by you. I hope you accept my appologies. I hope tyou will return to Amsterdam. Maybe you might then have a look at the Westcord Fashion Hotel in Amsterdam or Westcord Art Hotel.
With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My friend and I had an OK stay until my pyjamas went missing...not only did the staff member then not apologise for the inconvenience but did not act on their intention to call me to let me know if they had been found in the laundry. I therefore had to email the hotel and they didn’t reply. Only after a second email did they reply that they regret to inform me that my pyjamas had not been found. No apology. I therefore asked if they would offer any compensation. ‘Unfortunately’ they could not. Again, no apology. Surely, this is tantamount to theft?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Dear guest, thank you for the comments which yo wrote about the hotel. The comments which you wrote were discussed at the front desk and we apologise for the fact that we did not respond within 24 hours. We have investigateed the issue and after this we did send you the negative reply after which you, unfortunately, state the things which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read this and apologise fot the things which we did wrong in respect of not answering to your mail as you expected us to do. I hope you can claim your lost with your travel insurance company. In the meantime I remain, with kind regards.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Having arrived in Amsterdam early on Tuesday they had no problem looking after our luggage in locked facility until we could check in. Check in ok later that day (check in time 3pm). On first impression rooms are very modern and clean. Then when we had a shower later that's when it started to fall apart. You had to turn the shower off every couple of minutes to let the water drain away or it flooded the bathroom (see photos), at the same time I called to the reception to see if I could use the iron which they told me was located on the 1st floor. I went down & found no iron! I then phoned reception for them to say it was broken! Still not happy with the fact I heard it was broken I went to talk to reception and was told it had been broken yesterday and enquired if they would be replacing as I would like to be able to iron my clothes before going out tomorrow evening for a meal. The guy on reception said it wouldn't be replaced & I quote said "it is what it is". For the price off this hotel I would not expect that sort of customer service.

On the plus side it's only a 5min walk from Amsterdam Central station and free wifi.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for the comments which you posted on Tripadvisor and please accept my apologies for the behaviour of my colleague. What happened during your stay is absolutely not what I intend to offer to our guests, at the Westcord City Center Hotel. Our maintenance staff does work according to a preventative maintenance programme and the drainage is cleaned every four weeks. We will increase this frequency to every three weeks. The iron was changed last week but my colleague should have offered to you to bring an iron to the room instedd of answering your request as he did. May I ask you to contact me, in order to settle this bad experience. I intend to have you back at the hotel and prove to you that our service is as described by other guests: EXCELLENT.
Thank you for your commets and I hope you accept my apologies.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

5min walk from Station!!
Very safe hotel...Cards to get into hotel, lifts, rooms...etc
Clean and very moderm.
Staff were very friendly,
Would def recommend hotel and would stay there again...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear guest, thank you for your comments and I do appreciate the time you spend to send us your compliments. I hope that, when you visit us again, we van meet and have a drink.
Hope to meet you again at Wetcord City Center Hotel in Amsterdam
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

10 minute walk from Central Station, Red Light District, Palace, Canal Tour...EVERYTHING! My sisters and I stayed in a deluxe room but don't let the name fool you - it was tiny. However, the way the room is set up there is tons of room. And, the thing I value most, it was very clean! You hear horror stories how dirty some of the hotels in Amsterdam may be, but the WestCord was very clean, bright and airy. Staff was friendly and helped us plan our days. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
HotelRepr, Owner at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear guest, thank you for the comments. The rooms are as you describe and I am glad to read that you were impressed by the cleanliness, the service and the staff. I am proud on my staff and always share these comments with them. Thank you for the time taken to write these comments and hope to meet you again at the Westcord City Center hotel in the hart of AMSTERDAM.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is an excellent central city hotel, 5 minutes walking from the Central Station and close to everything. It has a modern and beautiful design, a very confortable bed and great shower. I liked the tea/coffee facilities available in the room. We had a pleasant stay there. I strongly recommend it and would stay there again should I return to Amsterdam.
The only thing that could be a problem is the bathroom that does not provide much privacy since it is enclosed by the frosted glass. It could be a problem for friends sharing a room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you for the comments about the hotel and pictures which you posted on Ratetiger. It is always good to read what the guests opinion is about our design. Your comments about the bathrooms privacy will be kept in mind in the renovation of the comfort rooms as well in the extension which we plan at this moment. Thank you for the time you spend in writing these comments and I hope to meet you again at the Westcord City Center hotel in Amsterdam
Kingsville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Arrived on the day of reservation and requested a cot. Was told 1) room was to small for a cot, 2) we should have reserved a cot, 3) there are problems with the fire dept inspecting and saying we have to many people per room, and 4) we should never have relied on a third party website to make our booking. ----- states; "1 older child(-ren) or adult(s) are charged 50 euros per night , per person, for extra beds. Extra beds are available on request." There is nothing stating the need to reserve these cots in advance., and everything leading the unsuspecting tourist to believe merely asking for a cot is all that is needed to get a cot. This is a classic bait and switch operation.I urge one and all to avoid this hotel. We were refused any money back and paid 614 euros for nothing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!