Our family of 5 stayed at "The Hotel Toren" in July this year. We had a wonderful 2 night stay in Amsterdam and at the Toren.We definately should have stayed longer. We absolutely LOVED the hotel and our time in Amsterdam. We commend the staff on their hospitality and friendliness, they were all fantastic.
From the very moment we arrived exhausted at the front door when Robert ( the porter) greeted us with a friendly, happy smile and helped us with our bags then suggested we all sit in the very comfortable bar and have a cool drink while he lugged our 10 bags to our rooms. There we met Marne " the best ever barman" who produced some great cocktails for us and then gave us the best advice on where to go for dinner, even made the booking for us. We really enjoyed his drink making skills and his friendliness. Nicco also made a good impression on us, we felt very special.
The beds were incredibly comfortable, coffee machines in the rooms. Bathrooms clean and renvovated. My husband and I had a good sized room, my daughter and her boyfriend 's room was much smaller but just as comfortable. My 18 year old daughter had her own room which was tiny but ever so cute and very comfortable. She LOVED it. The decor is very unusual as you would have seen in the website photos. I can't stand cigarette smoke and there was not a wiff of it anywhere. The hotel was clean and well maintained. A canal at the front door. We did not have any views from our windows but we didn't even notice. It wasn't as issue. There are phones in the roooms, intercoms, TV and computers which you can pay to use. My 18 year old did . We paid extra for the breakfast which was well worth it and very delicious.
We enjoyed everything about the hotel and the staff. The girls in the front office were exceptionally helpful while booking our rooms from Australia and during our stay. Robert organised our pushbikes for us. Which I also recommend using. We had so much fun with those, riding all around the city and then through the redlight district at midnight. The AnneFrank House was a highlight for us too. Don't miss it.( very short walk form the hotel) I highly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel. We can't wait to go back!
Don't try to get the train or tram from the airport, we did and we made it but with only 2 days in Amsterdam we did regret the time wasted trying to find our way at the airport. Taxi would have been much better. We were cranky , hot and tired when we arrived. Thank goodness for Robert!
P.S Every street corner looks the bloody same so if you are first timers it takes a bit of getting used to. Don't be scared of the bikes , they made it so much better for us.
- Also Known As:
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Toren Hotel Amsterdam
- Toren Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unforgettable experience. Whoever wants to be treated to a unique and memorable stay in Amsterdam should stay at The Toren. The hotel's elegantly designed interior and warm welcome, combined with the beautiful surroundings of Amsterdam's central canal area create a special atmosphere and a safe haven for you to completely relax. The hotel has been designed with your pleasure in mind! Worldwide tourists and business travelers familiar with the hotel will discover it afresh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your The Toren reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.