“A fantastic hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ireland
“A fantastic hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is a really great hotel. Located in a nice area of Amsterdam and is within walking distance of everything you need - shops, bars, cafes, museums etc. Great staff service. Would highly recommend this hotel and I will be back there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

So, when you check in at the Toren, you quickly glance at your reservation to be sure you are not paying 500 euros a night. You do this because the feel of the hotel is very high class, and the staff jump to help you. When you make your way from the reception to your room, you will likely get a tour from one of the young men who will help with your bags (don't forget to tip!). The hotel is modern and relaxed. It looks like a mix between a high-end nightclub and a model agency. But, at the same time, not pretentious.

The room was large, with a decent view. The bathroom was good, if a little small. The staff was very helpful and had plenty of recommendations on restaurants and nightlife.

I will be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2010
expat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed for three nights at the Toren – the best hotel in Amsterdam (and I’ve been there many times)! From the moment I was greeted by the front desk staff to when checking out – the service could not have been more pleasant.

I arrived early (from an overnight transatlantic flight) and went straight to the hotel. The room wasn’t quite ready yet (I wanted to treat myself so chose the Garden Cottage); the previous guests had just checked out, so I stored my luggage and walked around the neighborhood for a bit. The Toren is just a couple of blocks from the Anne Frank House; right on a quiet canal.

Went back to the hotel after about an hour (also found a nice wine store close by), and the room was almost finished, so they suggested I wait in the lounge/bar; which I did. Ordered a beer, and about 15 minutes later they came by with my key and told me the room was ready. I tried to pay for the beer, but they had ‘comped’ it as a little apology; very nice.

The cottage was in the garden and very private, yet just 15 steps to the hotel. The room had a nice-sized sitting area with a monitor and wireless keyboard which came in handy to catch up on e-mails (after a 3-week trip previously). The bed was large and very comfortable. There was also a large 2-person Jacuzzi with power jets and large walk-in shower.

What struck me most about the Toren was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. It came as a (welcomed) surprise. I had grown accustomed to the ‘matter-of-fact’ and dour exchange with staff at other hotels in Amsterdam (Marriott, the Victoria, NH Carlton). The honest friendliness of the entire staff at the Toren would put all the others to shame. My next trip to Amsterdam will be spent at the Toren for this fact.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel deserves all the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. Nothing negative to report - I will definitely put The Toren at the top of our list for our next visit to Amsterdam. Excellent staff, great location, really comfortable beds in beautiful rooms, no noise from trams, traffic or nightlife and excellent breakfasts.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We have just returned home from a one night stay at the Toren. What can I say... I spent alot of time researching hotels in Amsterdam as my brother was coming to visit from Australia and wanted to stay somewhere 'nice'. The Toren was better than I could have imagined.
On our arrival we were greeted by friendly staff , and then escorted to the building a few houses away where our room was located while being told some history and information about the hotel.
We stayed in a triple room which was larger than I had expected, there was plenty of room for two large men and myself. The decor was beautiful and the room very clean. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but was not a problem for us.
Breakfast was delicious, so much to choose from. Breakfast is served in the bar which is a very beautiful setting.
A very pleasant experience and will be recommending The Toren to friends and family. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
cardiff , wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We went as a family for 4 nights at the Toren - a family group including two teenage children and an almost octogenarian granny.We were anxious about the mix but the trip was a great success and much of the credit for that belongs to the astonishingly helpful staff.
The rooms were excellent - breakfast was the best we had ever experienced in a hotel - and that was praise indeed from my brother who had come from Australia and is a frequent traveller.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

My friend and I spent a few nights in Amsterdam in October 2009. This was our hotel and it was fantastic. The service was excellent, the staff's English was superb and our room was lovely. It is not your average hotel. The furnishings are plush, with really rich colours, reds and purples. The bar was great! The cocktail menu was fab and the bar man very attentive. He told us that he previously travelled the world on the cocktail world tour, winning awards, before coming home to Amsterdam. We didn't need to find anywhere else to spend the evening when this bar was in our hotel! We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on food. Would DEFININTELY stay here again. It was so nice staying in a lovely part of the city and coming back to such a luxurious yet affordable hotel at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!