“Luxurious, comfortable and romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Cornwall, UK
“Luxurious, comfortable and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

The Toren hotel is wonderfully over the top in decor, a real antidote to minimalist style of many modern hotels. The room was beautifully decorated with chandaliers, gold mirrors, and all sorts of luxurious touches, including a huge double jacuzzi, coffee machine and ipod station. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the decor of the dining room was, again, plush, flamboyant and fabulous. The location of the hotel, a couple of minutes from the Ann Frank house, on a stunning canal with beautiful architecture was quiet, peaceful and yet very convenient. At night the the canal is lit up with twinkly lights and is very romantic and beautiful. There are lots of good restaurants within easy walking distance. We had a great time in Amsterdam and the Hotel Toren was fantastic!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

1,209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Boskoop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stayed in Hotel Toren for a city trip in march and it was good from the start. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe room with a very nice and big Jacuzi. The room was not to big but was very nicely decorated with a luxurious bed. It is a very romantic place to spend your nights in Amsterdam!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Fredericia, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed over easter break. A great litte hotel in a quite location. The bed was comfy and the bathroom nice and clean. The mini bar in the room had decent prices, so you could enjoy at beer after walking town. The TV was nice and had a good choice of tv stations.

The location was great, not too far away from things, yet far away from all the noise.

Easy check in and check out, and the reception was nice and friendly. A nice place that we definitely will stay at next time we visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights in the Toren and although we had a small room it looked out onto the houses behind the hotel and was very quiet. The service was excellent and the area was the best we saw in Amsterdam. There are very good local restaurants and you can walk to many of the main areas of the city. The breakfast was very good, but you have to pay extra for this. I would stay again if I go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I stayed in The Toren in February and because I liked it so much I booked to stay there again in March when I passed through Amsterdam. The best thing about the hotel was the staff. They were so welcoming, friendly and willing to give advice; good advice. They were also generous. One of the girls at the Reception Desk on the 11th March recommended a very good restaurant. I liked the decor and the room was cosy. The breakfast room, which is oak panelled, had a very nice atmosphere and if you can sit at the table by the window, you have a lovely view of the canal. The location of the hotel is excellent. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

I stayed at the Toren on March 16-17, 2009. I had a Double Room with one large bed.

The most significant thing about my stay was the service I experienced. When I checked-in to the time of my check-out, the staff was just incredible. At the night of my check-in, there was a gentleman (Peter) and a lady who gave me a very warm welcome and addressed me by name before I had a chance to state it myself; they were expecting me. My first ever visit to Netherlands thus started on a note of warm hospitality. What a great way to make a guest's introduction to one's country!

Unfortunately, I had lost my travel bag on way to the hotel, on the street somewhere. The staff filed a report on my behalf to the tram service as well as the police. I didn't have to deal with any hassle. Kudos to their staff!

The hotel has a feeling of grand decor on a smaller scale (size of rooms isn't too large). It is done with a lot of taste and all supplies are good. There is also a private locker for which the guest sets their own password. There is internet available for 8 Euros a day.

My room was facing the garden at the back. The hotel is located on the route of the tram service and is very convenient. It is one block away from the famous Anne Frank house (now a Museum). I could hear the bell of the old church ring in the distance; the same bell that Anne used to hear as she recounted in the diary. There was an air of spiritual serenity to it and was a profound experience!

The hotel's bar has a real fireplace and plush interior. It is very stylish. It is open until 1 at night. Even if you don't feel the urge to drink, just go and sit there late at night to reflect on the happenings of the day. It is very cozy.

One tip to keep in mind: my room did have some smell of smoke from the previous guest. The valet bringing my luggage at check-in noticed that before I had to say anything and asked if I wanted to request front desk to change it. But I didn't mind. However, if someone is really allergic to smoke odor, they might like to request a non-smoking room and make a note of it during their reservation.

All in all, a great time spend there. Very relaxing, warm, and friendly!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

I first came across The Toren while searching the internet for hotels in Amsterdam in preparation for a long overdue holiday. On reviewing the photos on The Toren's site I was immediately taken by the combination of the elegance of the rooms and guest lounge and the modernity of the amenities offered. A map of Amsterdam suggested the hotel was fairly close to the rail station and other attractions so I booked a room with a double jacuzzi for three nights.

On arriving in Amsterdam I discovered The Toren was about a 10 minute walk from the train station and within easy walking distance of all the major sites and attractions. The hotel is located along one of Amsterdam's canals, the exterior very well kept like the neighbouring buildings which provided a great selection of architectural types. Notwithstanding the central location, there was little traffic or noise. The lobby and guest lounge were immaculately clean with a feel of elegance. The staff were, without exception, very pleasant and helpful and appeared genuinely concerned with my comfort. Check-in was a breeze and I was soon ensconced in the the hotel's excellant lounge and bar, tended again by very helpful and friendly staff and supplied not only with some excellant Heineken but a very good selection of wine and champagne.

My room was absolutely beautiful coloured in a striking black and red motif with a very comfortable king sized bed, all the usual amenities, a large jacuzzi and marble walk in shower.

The Toren does not have a restaurant of its own although an excellant breakfast boasting a wide selection of hot and cold items, fruits, cereals etc. is available daily and the hotel does have an arrangement with, if memory serves, two or three local restaurants and limited room service is available.

Anyway, after spending my first night in Amsterdam and enjoying The Toren's hospitality, I completely reorganized my holiday and extended my stay, in large part due to the hotel's comfort, a further 5 nights.

The Toren is a first class hotel at less than first class prices and, in my view, worth every Euro. I am looking forward to my next stay. So, should you find yourself in Amsterdam needing a little pampering and comfort give The Toren a try.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!