“Deserves the high rating” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 164, 1015 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Deserves the high rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is highly rated and deserves it. The staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. Our room was small but very nice. The location is very good and quiet. Make sure to book your stay DIRECTLY with the hotel. You will get a better deal than using the travel sites. Mention trip advisor for the best deal.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and mention trip advisor
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel deserves 5 stars, I booked this hotel based on TA recommendations and I was not disappointed, thanks!! I cannot elaborate anymore on the comments made about this hotel, do yourself a favour and just book to stay at this hotel when in Amsterdam. This was my first visit to Amsterdam and when I return I will be staying here again. I stayed at many 5 star hotels during recent my trip to the UK and Europe and The Toren was by far the best out of all of them, I did stay in one of the suites in the annex building but it was worth every penny! My daughter and I didnt want to leave the room :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having been to Amsterdam many times I chose this hotel mainly for the reviews onTA and was not disappointed.Its a gem of a place,great rooms,plenty of rich colour and super staff.The bed was huge and comfortable and decorated superbly.All the staff we met were great and nothing too much for them.If you are looking a hotel with character that appreciates your custom,do not pass this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed one night at The Toren and it was the most incredible experience. Located near the Jordaan area it is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the neighbourhood, while also being close to all the major sights of Amsterdam. We stayed in the super deluxe room which was beautiful and featured a double jacuzzi (with a variety of lighting options). The rooms are all themed with matching bedding, curtains and chairs. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room had everything we needed and more (including a Nespresso machine). The staff were so hospitable, offering assistance with restaurant bookings and looking up public transport routes for days that we were not even going to be at the hotel. The breakfast is also delicious and I would recommend this as an addition to your booking, it has a wide offering, with something for everyone. I wish we could have stayed longer and I definitely recommend a stay here to an visitor to Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Colchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel can be best described as contemporary Gothic. The walls are opulently decorated with Damask and flocked wall paper. The dining room had a rococo twist with mellow Trance music adding atmosphere.

The room was unbelievable, the two person Jacuzzi had different settings and pulsating lights, the shower was monsoon style and did it job all day long.

The bed was sumptuous and as soon as my head hit the pillow, one was asleep.

However, the best part of this hotel was the staff. We arrived early as wanted to leave bags, they then gave us a complimentary breakfast as we waited for the room which was amazing service.

Every and I mean EVERY staff member wished us good morning and Welcome back when we came back in the evening. They really cared and it showed.

There is a reason why they are rated so high and that is pure quality service.

I give it a 5 all day Son!

Room Tip: Pay for Room 109 the suite
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed a week in this boutique hotel, perfectly located on the Keizersgracht. The room was comfortable and well equipped. The bar was elegant and Sebastian made me feel very welcome. The front desk staff were excellent - all of them. They were helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable. Unfortunately the weather was rather wet which meant that on only one day I was able to enjoy sitting in the beautiful small garden. I shall just have to return!

Room Tip: The garden rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in this beautiful hotel for 4 nights. Let me first comment about the staff in reception. The blonde lady is an example of what makes this hotel so good. On arrival she explained that we were in town for the gay pride event which made the area around the hotel busy. She explained the location of the best restaurants and even helped with tram travel requirements. Whenever we had a query nothing was too much. Others have described the hotel and its rooms so I won't repeat that. There are many and varied restaurants around the hotel all within easy walking distance. The hotels position is the best you can get in town. It is close to everything you would wish to see. Personally I would not stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Have a drink in the bar. The barman is such good fun and you meet many guests from all parts of the world. Wow what fun.

Room Tip: Get as large a room as your budget can afford.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!