“The Toren Hotel, Amsterdam--First Class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Toren

You added The Toren to your Saves list
The Toren
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 164, 1015 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Toren Hotel, Amsterdam--First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I don't think you could find a better place to stay in Amsterdam. The location and the history of the house add to the atmosphere but the crowning achievement is the attentiveness of the staff. Everyone was very helpful and went out of their way to get to know guests and their preferences. I stay in a lot of chain hotels for business and this was such a welcome change! We originally booked at the Marriott but I am so glad I cancelled that reservation to come here.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are smaller than others. I believe we had one of the smallest with no view to spea...
      Rooms

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

If I bought a house decorated like this I'd burn it, but somehow it all worked for us. We were very happy during our stay here for 4 nights in October 2013. Great location, and wonderful helpful staff. Charming bar, super breakfast and quiet location on a canal. We were in the annex, but unless you need to make lots of trips to the bar or front desk there was no downside for us. It's just a few doors down the street and the (very) short walk to breakfast gave us a chance to see what the wheather was going to be like. Our room was compact, but plenty adequate with plenty of closet and other space with a decent sized bathroom. Would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Winecracker
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I read on the review, i still don't believe, when i stay the at the toren hotel ,Rooms small but very ambient and cosy. I like big spa in the room. i can say this is Perfect boutique hotel in Amsterdam. I recommend this hotel. Staff is friendly. Good location to city center

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Golf_2003
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent experience. My husband and I stayed for three nights in July 2014. We had a regular double room in the annex building (aka down the street) the location from the main building worried me but the staff works so hard that the room service (which involves them walking down from the main building) was fast, even faster than most major hotels (or boutique) that are contained in one building. The room was on the back and very quiet. Staff always smiling and cheerful. I love that they ask you how your room is and how you slept every morning at breakfast. Beds are VERY comfortable with a foam comfort top. Such great staff: helped us find a great tailor for a last minute job before a wedding we were attending.
I love the decor, especially the bar.

Sleep Quality
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Toren in Amsterdam, while on vacation. Firstly, the staff is very helpful, warm and welcoming. The room was nice with an art deco kind of feel. The rooms are deep reds and blacks, with modern technology. The internet is free and quick. The bathrooms are nice with all necessary amenities. The location, itself, is good being just a block from the Ann Frank house - though public transit is several blocks away. I find the layout of Amsterdam very confusing, so I kept getting lost on my way back and forth. However, this is a reflection on my ineptitude, not the hotels. Overall, this is a great place to stay in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Request a canal view, though they will require an extra charge, most likely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Clay S
Potomac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just perfect! We stayed 3 nights at The Toren. It was very clean, spacious room, fantastic location, delicious huge breakfast, attention to detail, attentive staff and owner. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at The Toren if we return to Amsterdam. Even received an email from the owners after we returned home. Now that is something you usually do not expect. I usually do not like to write reviews, but this hotel deserves to be complimented.

Cleanliness
2 Thank PANPotomac
Peterlee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel was Lovely and the room we stayed in was nice and quiet. Everyone were lovely and very helpful. But it was a girl called Stephanie, who worked on the Reception who stood out for me! She could not have done anymore for us. Was Gutted that we could only get 2 nights due to The Toren been fully booked. But will Definitely be returning and would advise anyone to book into this hotel as you would not be disappointed!

Cleanliness