“Charming, funky Hotel in a Good Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Houston, Texas, United States
“Charming, funky Hotel in a Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Toren in Amsterdam, while on vacation. Firstly, the staff is very helpful, warm and welcoming. The room was nice with an art deco kind of feel. The rooms are deep reds and blacks, with modern technology. The internet is free and quick. The bathrooms are nice with all necessary amenities. The location, itself, is good being just a block from the Ann Frank house - though public transit is several blocks away. I find the layout of Amsterdam very confusing, so I kept getting lost on my way back and forth. However, this is a reflection on my ineptitude, not the hotels. Overall, this is a great place to stay in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Request a canal view, though they will require an extra charge, most likely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Potomac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just perfect! We stayed 3 nights at The Toren. It was very clean, spacious room, fantastic location, delicious huge breakfast, attention to detail, attentive staff and owner. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at The Toren if we return to Amsterdam. Even received an email from the owners after we returned home. Now that is something you usually do not expect. I usually do not like to write reviews, but this hotel deserves to be complimented.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Peterlee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel was Lovely and the room we stayed in was nice and quiet. Everyone were lovely and very helpful. But it was a girl called Stephanie, who worked on the Reception who stood out for me! She could not have done anymore for us. Was Gutted that we could only get 2 nights due to The Toren been fully booked. But will Definitely be returning and would advise anyone to book into this hotel as you would not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Well what can i say apart from absolutely superb from arriving to departing. Myself and my wife stayed here for two nights in the garden room. What started out a nightmare when easy jet decided to send me a text 2 and a half hours before departure that our flight was cancelled so it was a mad rush to book a Eurostar for the journey it was well worth the trip. Upon arrival we were greeted in reception by a very helpful and friendly receptionist when we were brought to our room which was located at the back of the hotel in the room they had left us a bottle of champagne, strawberries and chocolates all complimentary because i had mentioned on the booking form that it was our anniversary.The room itself was out of this world from the mood lighting to the jacuzzi and the smart toilet. The ceiling had skylights that could be opened and we also had our own private patio area. I would throughly recommend this hotel and would say its is one of the nicest friendliest hotels i have ever stayed in full stop. The lunch by the way was superb as well i would give this hotel a 12 out of ten what more can i say apart from the bar and cocktails are wicked too!!

Room Tip: garden room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

After my original plans for my boyfriend's birthday got ruined by weather, I searched for a place where we could have fun and have a romantic evening. Firstly, staff were very friendly, helped me with my birthday arrangements ( brought my birthday cake and they brought it to the room). I had been arranging it all very last minute and they were immediately involved and very helpful. The room was amazing!!! The service too! When I arrived with my boyfriend who didn't know about anything, all staff played along and made us both feel very special. And the jacuzzi!!!! It was AMAZING!!! We had so much fun because I put some "romantic" incense in the bath but with jacuzzi we got drowned in foam and we ended up having a great foam party:-D It was an experience to remember and I am very thankful to all staff who helped me to create a very special evening for my boyfriend. Thank you!

Room Tip: deffititely a room with jacuzzi, romantic suites are a bit more costly but definitely worth the mone...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The toren is an amazing hotel every time! Never fails to make me feel comfortable and in a great location. The staff is always helpful and is attentive to your needs. The owners are also very nice and make sure you are assured happiness and satisfaction! I will always stay at the toren. The most recent time I was there, it was my fiancées birthday. The owners were so kind and thoughtful to give us a great present in the room a lovely bottle of Moët, strawberries, and chocolates. Thanks again. I will definitely return. Wonderful stay. Pure satisfaction!!

Room Tip: The canal rooms have a wonderful view! But you can't go wrong at the toren!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Dear Eric & Petra Toren and staff,
It is with great pleasure that we write and thank-you again for the wonderful stay we had at your lovely boutique hotel. My husband's surprise ‘birthday breakfast' of Eggs Benedict was a delightful bonus to our whole experience. We do so appreciate all that you did to make our stay a most enjoyable one. We certainly also appreciate all the extra effort your chef dedicated to create a breakfast to our wishes.
Your staff was always most willing to help with our every need and the room was just a delight, elegant and most comfortable with a very relaxing outside garden terrace.
Thank you. With much appreciation to all.
Warm regards,
Gilbert & Roberta - Naples, Florida

Room Tip: The Junior Suite #107 was a perfect spot with it's own terrace area. Unless you absolutely must...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!