“Awesome Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Offer
Ranked #1 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Boulder, Colorado
“Awesome Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had our first weekend away without the kids in more than 2 years when we stayed at The Toren in Amsterdam (Jan. 4-6, 2014). We had been to Amsterdam several times in the past but this was by far the best hotel experience we've had. The hotel has a fun and funky decor, which I appreciated - it is unique and definitely has a groovy vibe. Our room in the annex building a couple doors down from the main hotel. It was nice and while the bathroom could have benefited from an update it did not detract from our stay. Probably the absolute BEST thing about this place was how kind and helpful the staff were. The gals at the front desk spent a fair amount of time with us talking about restaurants, places to go, the neighborhood, etc. And they made two dinner reservations for us - both of which turned out to be the very best restaurant meals we have had in a very long time (definitely hit up Brasserie Vlaming and Max Restaurant!).

A couple days after our stay, I got an email survey from the hotel - just about 5 or so questions. I filled it out and within an hour the owner of the hotel personally contacted me by email to thank me for filling out the survey and to explain that they are working hard to get permits to update the bathroom that we had in our room (a challenge due to the fact that it is in an old building). That is seriously impressive. As someone with a client in the customer satisfaction industry, I was blown away by the fact the owner personally reads and responds to customer feedback. This is why this hotel consistently wins top honors and rave reviews. Well done!!!

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the main hotel building are a bit nicer than the ones in the annex building but...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
_TheTorenFamily, Owner at The Toren, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Special Guests

Your lovely comments are the reason my wife and I are in this business! We are so grateful for your feelings of our hotel and that you found it to be fun and funky with a groovy vibe :) We do our best to make a unique atmosphere at The Toren and so glad that you fully experienced that! As our guest your perfect satisfaction is our number one priority and we find it important to follow up with our guests with any concern that they express so we are glad to inform you about our bathrooms being updated. Thanks a million for your lovely comments about the hotel and our staff, we have shared your comments with them! From The Toren Family to Yours we look forward to welcoming you back to Amsterdam and to The Toren!

Kindest Wishes

Eric and Petra Toren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Amazing room worth every penny very romantic highly recommend hot tub was amazing every part of this suite was perfect great for a romantic weekend away nice quiet part of Amsterdam no noise easy walk into main square plenty of nice eating places also perfect location stunning views

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I booked this hotel having had several interesting experiences with Amsterdam hotels. Hotels in the city centre can be dreadfully hit and miss.

The Toren simply blew my fiance and I away. The rooms are beautiful in deep reds and blacks. The bed was comfortable, the heating and cooling was simple and (wait for it...) effective, and the bath was huge - easily large enough for two with a great bubble spa function.

The staff were great. We arrived at about 9am from an overnight train and just wanted to drop our bags off. The staff were welcoming, and offered to change our room to one which was already ready...but then suggested we leave our bags as the room we had been allocated was better. We were then told we'd been given complimentary breakfast for our stay...and were then offered it for that morning as well.

The staff were also more than happy to make recommendations on tours and restaurants. I wanted to take my fiance fora nice romantic dinner on our last night in Amsterdam (also our last night in Europe) and the recommendation of the girls on reception was perfect.

All in all - an excellent hotel. Great location, great staff, great cocktail list, great breakfast. We would absolutely stay again.

PS - the chocolates and strawberries waiting in our room was a nice surprise, as were the free welcome cocktails.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Recently spent 3 nights in Amsterdam staying at the Toren. We arrived at about midday (before check in time) and they kindly informed us that one of the rooms was ready and we could take our bags there. The receptionist was also very helpful in giving extensive meals recommendations and giving tram numbers for getting to museums etc. Staff were also helpful in taking our bags to the rooms and spoke excellent English and were overall nice to us. The rooms were well furnished with great taste and style - brilliant and funky. Location was within walking distance of everything you could want. Breakfast on the last day was great and we wished we had used it earlier! Would stay again without question.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is not my first time in Amsterdam but by far the best. All is perfect about this hotel - location, very hospitble staff, magic view on the canal. The weather helped a lot as well - warm and sunny, just opposite to what the forecast promised. I am happy to be here together with my favorite person...)))

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ware, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend bought me to this hotel over New year. The room was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious, with a hot breakfast and continental, with delicious fresh juices. Our room was cleaned beautifully every day. The staff especially the bar staff, were kind, courteous, helpful and good fun, they also make some brilliant cocktails. Room service was tasty. I loved my Jacuzzi bath, I have enjoyed two baths/showers a day, and the waterfall shower was brilliant too.Overall this has been the most fantastic new year I have ever had, the elegance and overall beauty of this hotel has made this trip completely over the top fantastic.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The Toren is a charming boutique hotel near the Anne Frank House. The staff are friendly & helpful. It's a great base for exploring Amsterdam on foot.The room was very comfortable, with a Nespresso coffee machine. The hotel's bar is very cosy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!