We had two rooms at The Toren for two nights in December based on the recommendations on Trip Adviser. This is a terrific boutique hotel. The staff was excellent and recommended some great restaurants that the locals go to. The rooms and decor are very unique and cosy. One of our rooms had a canal view and the other did not, because when we booked only one was available. Without a doubt pay the extra for a canal view. We had a wall of windows looking out on the canal which was well worth the extra cost. It snowed one day and the view was spectacular, however, given my choice I would visit Amsterdam in the warmer weather and not the winter. Our room was a Deluxe Canal View which has the jacuzzi tub and sink as part of the bedroom. While this idea is a little out of the ordinary to me, sitting in the tub with a view of the canal after a cold day out on the town was great. The other rooms was a standard room which had the same decor, but was smaller and did not have a view. We stayed in the annex which was just a few doors down from the main building, and was just as nice as the main hotel. The main hotel had a great lounge and bar with a working fire place which was a great place to relax after a cold day. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can not comment on that. The hotel has a very central location and you can walk to just about anything you want downtown. Amsterdam is a great city to just walk in. There is very little vehicular traffic, but keep an eye out for the bicycles they will run over you if you are not careful. The internet was free which is alway a bonus.
We travel a lot and stay in many wonderful hotels. The Toren is without a doubt a terrific small hotel that has a great deal of character and charm. I don't know about the other hotels in Amsterdam but I would think the Toren would be hard to beat. I would definitely stay there on my nest visit.
- Also Known As:
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel
- Toren Hotel Amsterdam
- Toren Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unforgettable experience. Whoever wants to be treated to a unique and memorable stay in Amsterdam should stay at The Toren. The hotel's elegantly designed interior and warm welcome, combined with the beautiful surroundings of Amsterdam's central canal area create a special atmosphere and a safe haven for you to completely relax. The hotel has been designed with your pleasure in mind! Worldwide tourists and business travelers familiar with the hotel will discover it afresh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Toren reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.