“Excellent boutique hotel in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Toren

You added The Toren to your Saves list
The Toren
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 164, 1015 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent boutique hotel in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Toren is an excellent boutique hotel in a great location. Unlike the the minimalist looks of most boutique hotels, I appreciated the dramatic, gothic style for a change. The room was a generous size by European standards - that said, I was travelling alone. The bed was very comfortable; the bathroom/shower facilities were excellent. The hotel has excellent wi-fi throughout the hotel. The room had a quality coffee machine and TV. The staff were all so friendly and helpful (before and during my stay) - suggesting restaurants, helping with transportation, etc. Finally, the location is ideal. It is right in the heart of the city but away from the noisy masses of people. Situated near the stylish Jordaan area and along one of the nicer, quieter stretches of canal. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Anne Frank house (which is very helpful when having to be in line by 8:30 AM) and a 3 minute walk to the heart of Dam Square. When I return to Amsterdam, I will certainly stay at The Toren again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am reluctant to tell people about the Toren as it seemed like we were visiting our distant relatives, who happen to own a great secret hideaway hotel not far from the action in Amsterdam.
I too read the reviews and expected a decent hotel for the price we paid, but got a shock when the super friendly staff led me and my beautiful partner to our opulent room. I actually got more than I paid for as the staff and facilities outdid the modest costs for the room and the location was just we needed to relax but still get amongst it when we wanted to.
I can often tell what kind of hotel you are staying in by the reaction of the taxi driver when you give them the name and the Toren was an instant smile, which is what you will get when you stay here. Just make sure there is a room left for me when we come back!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to have there own charm so no choice needed
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
alicante
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that was a bit differnt in Amsterdam, not the typical impersonal one. I found it, it was The Toren. I was afraid as I saw the reviews said the rooms were very small. We got a standard double with bath tub in the corner and I loved it. The decoration is lovely and the room has a lot of charm. The bed is very confortable and cosy.The girls at reception and always receive you with a smile and will help you with anything, they were very friendly. They give u a list with restaurants the recomenda and we tried three... by far BUSSIA (an itialian) was the best.

Room Tip: com mínimo standard double not small double.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Loved it! Really helpful staff, one even bought me drink in the early hours of the morning. They certainly seemed genuine to me. My room had got the bath in the middle of the living space and I know that sounds weird, but it worked for me. Close to the centre and right on one of the canals, so the position is extremely pleasant. It has almost a bordello feel to it...but in a classy way!

Room Tip: Look for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is great! After a long flight from L.A. we had one overnight in Amsterdam and booked the Toren. They were fabulous, both through the booking process and once we got there. We got in early, so they held our luggage prior to check-in and lugged it to the room when it was ready. We stayed in the annex, which was very clean and nice. I, unfortunately, blew the main electrical fuse in the room shortly after arrival by plugging a 3-prong American into a 2-prong American/Euro adapter. Don't do this!!! Michel (I believe his name was) quickly remedied the situation and we were good to go. The location was very convenient and made our brief stay in Amsterdam at the start of our long trip very enjoyable. Thanks again to Michel and all the staff at the Toren. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and it was delightful. I was concerned about staying "down the street&q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Really really lovely stay, great location. The service was fantastic and jacuzzi in room was amazing! We were on our honeymoon and all the staff made an extra fuss of us because of it, including a free bottle of expensive champagne, strawberries and chocolates :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love this hotel! My wife and I stayed most of the week around Thanksgiving. We had a great stay. We arrived to early for check in but the staff held our bags. Our room (on the canal side) was pleasant with a comfortable bed, flat screen tv (could use a couple more English language channels), and a nice big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The staff treated us like family. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple