“excellent... charm is ther word.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Toren

You added The Toren to your Saves list
The Toren
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 164, 1015 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
alicante
“excellent... charm is ther word.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that was a bit differnt in Amsterdam, not the typical impersonal one. I found it, it was The Toren. I was afraid as I saw the reviews said the rooms were very small. We got a standard double with bath tub in the corner and I loved it. The decoration is lovely and the room has a lot of charm. The bed is very confortable and cosy.The girls at reception and always receive you with a smile and will help you with anything, they were very friendly. They give u a list with restaurants the recomenda and we tried three... by far BUSSIA (an itialian) was the best.

Room Tip: com mínimo standard double not small double.
2 Thank zoelogicopark

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Loved it! Really helpful staff, one even bought me drink in the early hours of the morning. They certainly seemed genuine to me. My room had got the bath in the middle of the living space and I know that sounds weird, but it worked for me. Close to the centre and right on one of the canals, so the position is extremely pleasant. It has almost a bordello feel to it...but in a classy way!

Room Tip: Look for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark R
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is great! After a long flight from L.A. we had one overnight in Amsterdam and booked the Toren. They were fabulous, both through the booking process and once we got there. We got in early, so they held our luggage prior to check-in and lugged it to the room when it was ready. We stayed in the annex, which was very clean and nice. I, unfortunately, blew the main electrical fuse in the room shortly after arrival by plugging a 3-prong American into a 2-prong American/Euro adapter. Don't do this!!! Michel (I believe his name was) quickly remedied the situation and we were good to go. The location was very convenient and made our brief stay in Amsterdam at the start of our long trip very enjoyable. Thanks again to Michel and all the staff at the Toren. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and it was delightful. I was concerned about staying "down the street&q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wandering42009
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Really really lovely stay, great location. The service was fantastic and jacuzzi in room was amazing! We were on our honeymoon and all the staff made an extra fuss of us because of it, including a free bottle of expensive champagne, strawberries and chocolates :)

• 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Carbogirl
Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love this hotel! My wife and I stayed most of the week around Thanksgiving. We had a great stay. We arrived to early for check in but the staff held our bags. Our room (on the canal side) was pleasant with a comfortable bed, flat screen tv (could use a couple more English language channels), and a nice big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The staff treated us like family. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark S
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had booked this hotel after reading such great reviews and it most definitely did not disappoint. The rooms are very clean and comfy, and the staffs were most helpful in providing directions and suggestions all the time. The breakfast spread was simply delicious too. The hotel is very near the shopping districts, and quiet too. The only negative aspect of this stay would be the luggage issue. When we first alighted no one came to assist us with our luggages, which were really very heavy. It would be good if the hotel management will look into this. Overall, we would definitely come back to the Toren when we are in Amsterdam again.

1 Thank fleeang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Toren for 3 nights. We travel as much as possible and I will say that you could not ask for a more friendly and courteous staff. The rooms were beautiful and the food was excellent. However the most impressive thing for me was that I had emailed 3 months prior to our arrival to just confirm our reservation. In my email I mentioned that I was confirming because it was our 30th wedding anniversary and just wanted to make sure all was good. When we arrived at the Toren every employee we came in contact with mentioned our anniversary. The owner personally had us upgraded to the Honeymoon suite at no cost. We traveled Europe for 24 days and while we had good or great service everywhere, none compared to The Toren.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple