“Quirky rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Quirky rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Loved it! Really helpful staff, one even bought me drink in the early hours of the morning. They certainly seemed genuine to me. My room had got the bath in the middle of the living space and I know that sounds weird, but it worked for me. Close to the centre and right on one of the canals, so the position is extremely pleasant. It has almost a bordello feel to it...but in a classy way!

Room Tip: Look for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is great! After a long flight from L.A. we had one overnight in Amsterdam and booked the Toren. They were fabulous, both through the booking process and once we got there. We got in early, so they held our luggage prior to check-in and lugged it to the room when it was ready. We stayed in the annex, which was very clean and nice. I, unfortunately, blew the main electrical fuse in the room shortly after arrival by plugging a 3-prong American into a 2-prong American/Euro adapter. Don't do this!!! Michel (I believe his name was) quickly remedied the situation and we were good to go. The location was very convenient and made our brief stay in Amsterdam at the start of our long trip very enjoyable. Thanks again to Michel and all the staff at the Toren. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and it was delightful. I was concerned about staying "down the street&q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Really really lovely stay, great location. The service was fantastic and jacuzzi in room was amazing! We were on our honeymoon and all the staff made an extra fuss of us because of it, including a free bottle of expensive champagne, strawberries and chocolates :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love this hotel! My wife and I stayed most of the week around Thanksgiving. We had a great stay. We arrived to early for check in but the staff held our bags. Our room (on the canal side) was pleasant with a comfortable bed, flat screen tv (could use a couple more English language channels), and a nice big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The staff treated us like family. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had booked this hotel after reading such great reviews and it most definitely did not disappoint. The rooms are very clean and comfy, and the staffs were most helpful in providing directions and suggestions all the time. The breakfast spread was simply delicious too. The hotel is very near the shopping districts, and quiet too. The only negative aspect of this stay would be the luggage issue. When we first alighted no one came to assist us with our luggages, which were really very heavy. It would be good if the hotel management will look into this. Overall, we would definitely come back to the Toren when we are in Amsterdam again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Toren for 3 nights. We travel as much as possible and I will say that you could not ask for a more friendly and courteous staff. The rooms were beautiful and the food was excellent. However the most impressive thing for me was that I had emailed 3 months prior to our arrival to just confirm our reservation. In my email I mentioned that I was confirming because it was our 30th wedding anniversary and just wanted to make sure all was good. When we arrived at the Toren every employee we came in contact with mentioned our anniversary. The owner personally had us upgraded to the Honeymoon suite at no cost. We traveled Europe for 24 days and while we had good or great service everywhere, none compared to The Toren.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is an absolutely lovely and accommodating hotel. The service, care, and attention given to guests is unparalleled in most places I have stayed around Europe.
The room given to us (an upgrade at a discounted rate) had a fantastic view onto the street below as well as an amazing jacuzzi.
The location is very central and within walking distance of most you will want to see.
I will be sure to come back next time I visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a jacuzzi room. They are worth it and the staff is very helpful about recommen...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Toren? Share your experiences!