We stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. It is a 10-15 minute easy walk to the centrum and we actually choose it because it was sort of midway between the museumplein and the red light district and dam square. It is in a quiet more residential area so there is not much around at night (read no street noise!) There is a tiny bar with just a few tables in the basement for a drink and the vending machine was stocked with beer ( we really thought this was amusing since we would never see this at home) There was also a vending machine with all sort of intersting things (deodorant, toothpaste, apple ipod chargers, etc) The room was decently sized for europe. There is a short flight of stairs to get into the hotel which was not so much fun with the bags. Hotel staff were all courteous. Breakfast was in a room downstairs and was a pretty impressive spread of breads, meats, cheeses and fruit. They also had oatmeal, yogurt and delicious fresh orange juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer