“excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for 6 nights without any problems.
My room was very small but modern and very clean. I am picky when it comes to sheets (allergic to starch) and I am pleased to say that I had a very good sleep in a comfy bed with soft sheets.
Whenever I spoke to staff they were extremely helpful and friendly.
If I would have been there for a holiday I think I would have liked more choices for breakfast, and I could not work out where to toast the bread...
As I was on a business trip a quick breakfast was absolutely fine.
The area is great with many bars and restaurants in walking distance. The hotel itself was very quiet.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MercureArthurFrommer, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Lilly,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write this excellent four star review on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments about our services and facilities.

Regarding our breakfast facility, please note that you can always ask our staff for assistance with for example toasting the bread.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we hope to be able to serve you again.

Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Amsterdam is a fun city but on a business trip I don't want a noisy street and loud drunks in the hallway at 3am. The Mercure is a quiet hotel in a quiet but very useful location, close to transport, the RAI and all the fun. The staff are professional, always. The rooms are large by Dutch standards and who needs more in this town. I shared a three bed room with my son and it was fine. A little alcove for the third bed offered a little privacy. When I'm in Amsterdam this is were I stay.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for writing a five star review on TripAdvisor, we very much appreciate your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback!

I am glad tat you and your son again enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you back with us.

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I like the location of the hotel- a quiet residential neighbourhood and I've stayed here in the past.
I think I would probably have given 4 stars, were it not for the hideous decoration of the room. The rooms don't seem to get much light and would benefit from light coloured decor. The actual decor is garish with striped carpets and striped floor in bathroom. and dark blue walls with pink at the windows. There was a huge lampshade which would totally out of proportion. Some of the furniture was glass or plastic. Shudder.
The pipes were very noisy and the wifi had issues. Decent choice at the buffet breakfast though the scrambled eggs tended to be cold.
Reception staff were pleasant.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for still thinking about your stay at Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer and sharing your experiences. We always appreciate such open and honest comments.

Perhaps it is time to plan a trip to Amsterdam again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just spent 4 days in Amsterdam and the Arthur Frommer was great - away from the centre but close enough to stroll in - or hire a bike and see the city in style. Very friendly staff. Room was small but well equipped,modern & clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your great review!
It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your time in Amsterdam and with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after a lot of research for a 4 day break with my partner. The most important thing for me is that I found a hotel that was clean and we'll locate - and that's exactly what I got!

After booking, and a few days before arrival, I emailed the hotel directly for their help with getting to the hotel from the airport. I had a very quick and helpful response from them giving me all the options available to us. We settle on the Connexxion Airport Shuttle at €17 each for a single journey. When leaving the airport, if you follow the signs for 'airport shuttle' and look for bay A7, you will see a shuttle that takes you directly to the hotel and only takes around 25 minutes. Another request that was met by the hotel was a quiet room. We were given room 223 and heard no noise at all.

Upon arrival there were around 4 people waiting to check in. Having only one person dealing with this made check in a little slow but when checking in the receptionist was lovely, handing us a map and all the information we needed to know.

Our room was perfect for our needs, not huge but very clean and stylish and after all, it was only for sleeping in! The bathroom was very modern although a little narrow and as with most hotels, there isn't a door on the shower so the floor did get a little wet.

The hotel is located perfectly and we were able to walk to all of the main attractions within 25 minutes. However there is a tram line on the Main Street if needed.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city and this hotel is the perfect base as it's close enough to everything but also far enough away to be out of the noise that goes with it.

Lovely hotel and staff and I would definitely recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MercureArthurFrommer, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Lisa,

We appreciate your extensive and kind feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive words. I am very happy that you enjoyed a perfect time in Amsterdam and with us.

Thank you for recommending us, and it is in our hope to welcome you back again!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The location and rate were convenient, that's why I chose it. Expect a small room, had to move the bed in order to be able to work at the desk. So let's say it was cozy and very clean. Because I was close to the reception and entrance, there was some noise when other guests left or arrived. The staff is friendly, and helpful, so all in all was a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to hear you satisfaction about our friendly and helpful staff. However, I am sorry about the noise disturbance. This does not reflect the usual level of service you would like to offer our guests.

We truly hope we are able to serve you again in the future. Please contact us directly to share your preference for a room.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay there- it's a boutique hotel located close to the museums, about a mile from the Flower Market. The room is small but tidy, with a hip look to it; the staff is professional, and the location is what makes it absolutely outstanding- Amsterdam is a walkable city, and having a place as "base" close to all the attractions, yet tucked away from some of the louder thoroughfares, makes this a go-to spot. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MercureArthurFrommer, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your outstanding words regarding you recent stay at Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would love to welcome you again in teh future.

Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer

Been to Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer? Share your experiences!