I like the location of the hotel- a quiet residential neighbourhood and I've stayed here in the past.
I think I would probably have given 4 stars, were it not for the hideous decoration of the room. The rooms don't seem to get much light and would benefit from light coloured decor. The actual decor is garish with striped carpets and striped floor in bathroom. and dark blue walls with pink at the windows. There was a huge lampshade which would totally out of proportion. Some of the furniture was glass or plastic. Shudder.
The pipes were very noisy and the wifi had issues. Decent choice at the buffet breakfast though the scrambled eggs tended to be cold.
Reception staff were pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer