On arriving in Amsterdam we found the hotel quite difficult to find initially as it was hidden down a quiet lane but once we'd got our bearings found it well placed for walking into the main areas, canal trips, tram stops and buses.
The hotel was modern, very clean and well furnished. We travelled with Voyage Prive which included a premier room which was quite small but sufficient. Beds were EXTREMELY comfortable and we loved the coffee maker and the regular supply of coffee sachets.
Breakfast offered continental as well as scrambled egg (bit overcooked), bacon and sausage. We loved the fresh orange juice machine and the complementary take away cups of coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer