Easy to reach from the Central train station via the Metro. Once you have found your bearings most tourist areas are within an easy walk. 5 minutes to the Rijks museum, 15 minutes to Ann Franks House and a similar walk to the centre. There are restaurants and places for breakfast within a couple of minutes.
We booked a standard room which while small felt bigger thanks to the very high ceilings. It came with a shower only. It was fine for our needs and very clean. As usual we booked well in advance and got a much better price. 3 nights at only a fraction more than the walk in price for 1 night.
I've had more comfortable beds, newer towels and quieter doors (other reviewers are correct they close with a slam so if you are a light sleeper be warned)! However, I would stay again and if you are happy with the brand you will know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer