I loved this hotel! Situated on a quiet street about 5 minutes from the main road and tram stop, it is quiet and cosy. The staff are friendly and helpful! I absolutely adore the complimentary use of the Nespresso machine at the lobby until 10 am! A real wake-up drink!
The room we stayed in was an upgraded room I think (we are Accor members) so it had its own nespresso machine too! The bed was big and really comfortable!
Another plus was the sumptuous breakfast! Plenty of cold cuts and hearty breads! Coffee and many kinds of tea plus freshly-squeezed orange juice right in front of your eyes!
There are many good restaurants and eateries near the hotel. I had horse meat steak at a little restaurant on the street leading to the hotel! From the outside, it didn't look like many people were at the restaurant but inside, it was a cosy little place and the proprietor was very friendly and offered an english menu seeing as we were not able to speak Dutch.
There's also a wonderful supermarket, Albert Hejn (spelled something like that) about 10 minutes walk away.
The only downside of the hotel is that the shower area in the bathroom doesn't have a door or a dividing partition so it can get kind of wet. The plumbing was a little noisy too if you didn't adjust the flush button just right!
I would love to go back again! I miss you Amsterdam!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer