We really enjoyed our stay at the Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer. The hotel is very nice, in a good location for walking to lots of sights, and the lobby is very stylish. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful, and spoke perfect English.
We booked a triple room, which meant we had two twin beds plus a further single bed against the opposite wall. It did not feel too small even with three adults in the room, and we all felt very comfortable. I am 6' 3" and the beds were fine for someone of my height, which is not always the case in hotels.
If I had to make any criticism it would be that although the hotel is located on a very quiet street, the sound insulation in the room was poor, and we felt there was quite a bit of noise just from people passing in the courtyard outside and from other guests in the corridor. This may be a symptom of it being a converted older building, and it wasn't a huge problem for us as we always sleep with earplugs when staying in hotels so we weren't actually disturbed. However, if you aren't someone who uses earplugs I think you might find it quite loud. The noise wasn't helped either by the fact that the door to the room had a small gap at the base, allowing extra light and noise in from the corridor. The same was true of the bathroom door which also didn't touch the floor, so I'm not sure if Dutch doors are just like that generally, but it would have felt more sealed off from the corridor with a better fitting door on the room.
In general though I really liked the hotel and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer