We stayed at the Arthur Frommer at the begining of January in a party of 6 for a short break weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Location; it is in a great location in a pretty suburb that is only a 15 minute walk into the centre or a short hop on the tram. There are plenty of very authentic bars and restaurants within walking distance that were great fun for both food and drinks.
Staff; the staff were excellent being welcoming, efficient and courteous. One of our party forgot his shaving kit and was provided one at the desk without any fuss.
Accommodation; the room was very airy and spotlessly clean. It was tastefully designed and had a good selection of toiletries etc. The layout was a bit quirky but then this is a converted historic building and it did enhance the boutique nature of the hotel. The public rooms were also designed in a very tasteful and stylish fashion and likewise kept spotless and tidy.
Value for money; the advertised prices at the desk reflected a city hotel but booking in advance on Expedia meant that we got a great deal.
Overall, a great hotel that I will certainly use again. Although it has the Mercure brand above the door it really felt like a one off privately owned hotel which reflects the hard work put in by the management and staff who deserve a big pat on the back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer