my sister and I booked side-by-side rooms for 2 nights at this location. On the positive side, the location was very good, very easy to walk to the museums or to canals, and on a quiet side street. Nice hanging flower baskets outside.....the appearance looked promising. However, on an overall basis, this hotel needs updating. It had an overall tired appearance. The rooms were extremely small, the towels were very thin, the decor was dated. I asked for a wake up call, and the next morning, a half hour after my requested time, I called down to front reception and the person said, oh sorry, I just hadn't gotten around to calling - sorry. Not impressed. This hotel needs some updating!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer
- Mercure Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, ACCOR, HotelsNL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.