Booked a short break through Booking.com, was allocated Privilege room 115 on ground floor which was a little noisy as cars parked right outside the window on a very narrow street. However, the room itself was spacious, included tv, mini-bar, coffee/tea making facilities and free safe. Unfortunately the battery operating the safe ran out the night before we left so couldn't open it but a member of staff came immediately with a master 'key' and opened it although was unable to reset it until the following day when we were leaving. We were offered the use of the hotel safe in reception. The bathroom had a good walk-in shower, toiletries were replaced - only gripe, the towels were the thinnest I have ever seen! Breakfasts were good, self service, good selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cold meat/cheese etc. Lovely cooked crispy bacon and delicious cakes which I couldn't resist even though I never normally eat cake for breakfast!
All staff were very friendly and spoke to us whenever we crossed paths.
A point to remember - if you buy a 24hr tram ticket, remember to check out when getting off tram or it won't work next time and you've wasted your money!! We actually walked back to the station at the end of our break, easy once you know your way round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer