The hotel is a small hotel close to the canals and very well located, it is 15-20 min walk to most major tourist spots. It is 5 mins to the tram station for those who don't wish to walk. Being in a small lane it is extremely quiet and comfortable and away from the chaos.
The rooms are tiny, tiny for Amsterdam standards too, place just for the bed and your luggage. But the rooms are very clean and neat.
The reception staff was helpful but they tried hard to sell the 'premium' rooms which were the same rooms with few more amenities for 50euro more, they told me they could give me an early checkin only if I opted for the package!
Other than that no complaints, the hotel is pretty decent overall and I would reccomend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer