I like this hotel, it is simple clean bright modern quirky airy.
It is located in a quiet residential area a couple of streets away from the main drags of Vijzelgracht, Rembrandtsplein and Museumplein. I found it a lovely oasis of calm.
The rooms were clean bright and interestingly decorated (huge repro dutch master!) with fresh linens and a nicely modern bathroom. All the usual storage space, safe, flat screen telly etc.
Breakfast is competent if not spectacular
I lost an iPad adaptor which i left in a drawer and unfortunately housekeeping were not able to locate. Not their fault but a small minus on an otherwise very pleasant couple of stays.
The reception staff were polite and helpful at all times as were the restaurant staff at breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel and after these business trips I will definitely be using it for personal holiday travel in future.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer
- Mercure Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsNL, ACCOR, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.