We stopped at this hotel for 3 nights on B&B. The rooms are on the small side but are quiet and comfortable and has everything you need. The shower room was excellent with all toiletries are provided.
We took the Schilpol hotel shuttle to and from the hotel 52 euros for the 2 of us return. The service was excellent.
Breakfast was good with coffee from a nice machine and freshly sqeezed orange, plenty of differant breads/rolls and lovely cakes and fruit. There was also eggs and bacon if you required a hot breakfast.
The restaurant is only open for breakfast, they have a bar where you can get snacks after 5 if you dont want to venture out of an evening.
We bought the 48 hour canal bus ticket which was a hopon/hopoff service and felt this was the best way for us to get around and see the sights.
We found a couple of lovely bars/cafes within 10mins of the hotel and plenty more en route to Central Station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming boutique Hotel Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District is a located close to the Prinsengracht in the Canal Dsitrict. Completely non smoking. This hidden gem is set in a quiet street in the very heart of the city centre of Amsterdam. Shops, restaurants, museums and other places of interest are within walking distance. The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh- and Stedelijk Museum are nearby. The hotel offers 93 design rooms as well as a Dutch bar, breakfast restaurant and limited private outdoor (paid) parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Amsterdam Centre Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Arthur Frommer