We were originally booked into the 3 star NH Tropen hotel but due to being overbooked they upgraded us to the Carlton. Initially we were very happy with this but on arrival everything was just a bit too much of an effort for the staff on the desk. It took him ages to book us in and he served other people, answered the phone and chatted with colleagues during this process. After hours of travelling I just wanted to dump the bags and get something to eat!!
We eventually got to our room which wasn't exactly what I had in mind for a 4 star hotel. The room was clean and had all of the things you need - hair dryer, tv, tea/coffee, toiletries, safe - but the whole place looked tired and in need of some work eg rust spots on the radiator, tired looking decor, no pressure in the shower, staining on the bath.There was a weird stain on the carpet which we later discovered was every time the shower was on water would seep through to the bedroom causing a puddle.
I wouldn't say this hotel was 4 star but it will do if you are looking for a place to crash for a few days.
I probably wouldn't go back...the Tropen looks like it has better reviews!!
- Also Known As:
- Nh Carlton Amsterdam Hotel
- Nh Carlton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized Commercial Hotel situated in the heart of the city, overlooking the Flower Market, near shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Otel and Agoda so you can book your NH Carlton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.