“Nice hotel close to Dam Square and Central Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Art Hotel Dulac

You added Art Hotel Dulac to your Saves list
Art Hotel Dulac
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Haarlemmerstraat 120, 1013 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #197 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Seveso, Italia
“Nice hotel close to Dam Square and Central Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spend three days in Amsterdam with my wife and my 1year and half son and choose this hotel for the position( not far from the Central Station ) and the price. It's not easy to spot because the entrance looks like a house door with no sign or name on it, anyway when you enter the kindness of the receptionists is an appreciate welcome. The room is clean and with a nice natural stone bathroom relaxing pillows good position in Harleemstraat full of coffee shops and bars and shops not a dangerous area, just few minutes from centraal station and Dam Square.The restaurant of the hotel is artistic and we ate there once and wasn't bad at all, people working there are very kind and ready to smile. My experience is good afterall the only point is that maybe for a four stars hotel there is still something missing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

10 mins walk from the Central Station and ideally located for some interesting shops, good restaurants and lively/friendly bars. Jordaan area just a few minutes away. Fabulous reception when we arrived. A free drink was provided. Room was upgraded. Some work was still ongoing in certain areas of the hotel but nothing to complain about.
It was more than I would normally pay for a room but the location and time of year made the price understandable and it was in line with others that were much further out. I will certainly return to this hotel next time I am in Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We would stay twice. The Personal was very obliging. They considered our wishes and give tips for sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

First impressions of the hotel were not good after a 5-10 minute walk from central station I walked past the hotel’s restaurant entrance and then being unable to find the entrance to the hotel went in and found a locked door saying hotel, after knocking someone let me in and I found out that as well as not having any signage outside they had cleverly concealed it by putting chairs and tables across the separate entrance to the hotel.

I arrived at 12:40 so was not expecting to be able to check into the room but just leave luggage and this was confirmed by the receptionist who said 1 to 1 ½ hours before the room would be ready. No problem for me said I would be back around 16:00 and they took my luggage into secure storage. I came back at 16:40 no receptionist but two people waiting who told me she had gone to see if there room was available. After about 10 minutes she came back and told them no but they could have a different room. I was just told my room is not ready and could I come back in 40minutes. As they had a stated check in time of 14:00 not impressed. Came back 50 minutes later and thankfully my room was now ready, but someone else was getting the same message. So it seems as though they had an issue with the rooms not being ready.

The room itself was basic with badly fitted furnishings; there was a big white stain under the window. One of the sockets in the bathroom had been fitted into a round drilled hole, unfortunately the socket was square and smaller than the hole drilled. There was a connecting door in the room and for some reason they had removed the door handle and just left an empty hole behind. The bed itself was uncomfortable, not only did whatever they put on top of the mattress make it very high but also lumpy. The two pillows one was very large and hard, the other thin and hard. The bathroom had shower gel, shampoo and body lotion but no soap. The shower at times was good but they had a bad problem with pressure as part way through it just dropped then after a couple of seconds came back but with scalding water. The single room I had seemed to be next to the air-conditioning system for the entire hotel as until late I had a constant mechanical drone going on.

Plus points air-conditioning worked. Tea and coffee making in the room had a decent range. Television had a decent signal and the lighting was well thought out.

I did try making some of the comments to receptionist but she did not speak English very well and I don’t speak any Dutch and to be honest just wanted to get away from the hotel.

Maybe the cleaning was a one off and maybe the double rooms are ok but for 144 euros you expect something better than this and I will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

First stay in this hotel, although I have been to Amsterdam a number of times before. This review is based on the experience of myself and a colleague were we had separate rooms. The hotel was not living up to expectations. Staff was friendly, but only partly attentive. I told them the door to my room needed oiling, which they promised to fix without doing it. The air-con worked in my room, but not in my colleagues; he had to sweat it out in a warm and humid Amsterdam. He also experienced a flooding the second night with water pouring in form a neighboring room. They offered him half a price for one night; they should have given it away for free. When we asked for walking distance to another hotel where we were attending a conference, they told us it was a 5 minutes' walk away. It turned out to be 30. My room was clean and spacious; the bed was good and the shower very nice. No minibar in the room, a rather noisy street in front. The hotel did not accept Diners card as payment, although it was accepted when I reserved the room. Tip reg. breakfast (which is not included in the rate): Go for the smaller option for EUR 8. There is enough food included, so unless you need omelet/fried eggs this will save you EUR 7.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

It's a well-located modern hotel. All the staff were very nice and friendly.
The only downside is that the floor in the batthroom is very cold and no slippers are provided.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Maastrict
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The Location is good only a ten minute walk from central station. Our room was on the second floor over looking the street, I thought this would be more of a problem than it was. The room was very clean and modern, and has others have reported the beds are super comfortable. The bathroom was stunning, but I'm afraid we are not open minded enough for the glass partition between the room and bathroom.The Wi Fi worked well and the staff were so friendly and helpful during our time there. The restaurant is so different more like a Moroccan bar. We would definitely use it again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Art Hotel Dulac? Share your experiences!