“Great food - great price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great food - great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Vapiano is a well known concept. Self-service, quick freshly cooked italian pizza, pasta or salads.
The pasta is homemade and very delicious. The special dishes, changing every 2months sometimes extraordinary - always a nice try.
The pasta and pizza is always good. The price amazing.
22€ for two pasta dishes and two drinks (and both pastas were with shrimp).
When crowded it might give some waiting times and difficulties to find a table, but normally its fine!

• Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian - but pick your time to visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had a really enjoyable lunch here on a recent trip to Amsterdam. It was my first visit to a Vapianos - enjoyed the concept. Wife ordered a pizza and I ordered carbonara, pizza was freshly made and once ordered waited around 10 mins for it to be ready and we weren't disappointed. Nice crisp base and plenty of toppings and very tasty. I waited whilst the chef made my carbonara in front of me, took about 5 minutes and can honestly say it was one of the best carbonara's I've ever had (was an education to see exactly what ingredients are used - can't wait to try it at home). As well as being a really enjoyable meal I was very pleasantly surprised when it came to the bill, just over twenty euros for the two meals and a couple of drinks - by far the cheapest of our stay in Amsterdam.
Now the proviso - we visited on a Wednesday lunchtime when it was quiet so didn't have to wait for the food, our experience may have been very different in the evening or over a weekend.

All in all a really enjoyable, value for money meal but pick your time for a visit.

Enjoy!

DC971
“Poorest Vapiano I have experienced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Too busy, not enough tables, forgot my order and not very clean.
I love Vapianos but this was my worst experience by a long way. We waited 25 minutes to get a table, ordered my food, returned to my table waited for 15 minutes for the buzzer to go off. Eventually found out they had forgotten the order, no apology and waited 10 more minutes to eventually eat. Very disorganised not enough staff wont eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good and filling Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have gone here several times at lunch midweek, as I work not too far from here. As expected, if you hit it at the main rush, the wait time can be long and the atmosphere a bit loud. The food is tasty and very plentiful. The best part is that it is made fresh in front of you, so you can ask for minor changes, especially with the pastas and salads. Unfortunately, I have had some bad luck with the pizzas, not with the taste, but with them being made not as I'd requested. For example, I am allergic to mushrooms, and I ordered the calzone without them, but it came full of them. The responses from the staff were quite surly. Their answer (excuse?) is that the computer system they have does not have a way to display deviations from what is on the menu. Live and learn: order something from the pizza menu that will be satisfying as-is, or try pasta or salad.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast
“Fabulous restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We returned to this restaurant for the second time last week! The food was excellent, just like last time! For the price, the freshness and quality is fantastic. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I had spaghetti bolognese followed by creme brûlée. Both courses were delicious and both very reasonably priced. My friend had the daily special of king prawns with a pesto cream, again this dish was delicious.

Vapiano is in a great location, beneath the library and across the bridge from NEMO. The views out over the river are lovely. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough and look forward to visiting again the next time I am in Amsterdam!

• Visited January 2013