This was our first hotel in Europe for our honeymoon. We booked it on price-line for a good price through the "name your price" thing. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating. The room was just perfect, faced the canal with large windows. The bed was big and everything was well placed and felt fairly new. The bathroom was plenty big and the wife loved the deep bathtub. There was a nice area to work on the laptop or just sit and gaze into the skyline of Holland. The location is very nice. It is only about a 5-8 minute walk to the Metro stop which runs every 10-15 mins. It is a quick ride into town. We did not find much in walking distance but a small and VERY local grocery store call DH. It is a great little shop to pick up some necessities but be ready to speak dutch and bring your own shopping bags. You can walk to the museupliem in about 30 minutes. We did not attempt to walk all the way to the centre but it would take a few hours I would assume. But what was nice is after a long day in the city you can retreat to this wonderful hotel away from the busy street and honking cars. We are young, club goer type but really enjoyed coming home to the peacefulness of the Hilton. Another thing to note the price of anything you buy from them. Buy your Metro tickets at the train station not the hotel. It is 7 Euro for a bottle of beer and 5 for a soda so beware of the over priced refreshments. The breakfast in the morning is FABULOUS!!! Just wonderful, go every day you are there. Worth at least 25-35 Euro a person. The service is second to none. I would pay top dollar for a breakfast like that even when not on vacation. We could not believe that it was complimentary. The doormen were always helpful and took extra care to ensure we had a great time. Over all we loved it and would stay there again. It was expensive but it was worth it considering what you get compared to other same priced hotels in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International