While location and room quality usually rank highest in my hotel choices, I could not write this review without mentioning the extreme friendliness of this hotel and how this made our stay so wonderful. The people are really, really nice and made a terrific first impression! The hotel is quite comfortable, but not "luxurious" compared to other 5 star European hotels. However, the friendliness and superb executive lounge make this a great hotel choice. This beautiful tree-lined neighborhood is great - soothing and serene! My nicest canal photo was right behind the hotel and walks to the tram stop were so peaceful! The rooms are OK - orange & red is a strange color for hotel decor, but the beds are comfortable with crisp white down duvets and great views (even on the non-canal side). The executive lounge is fantastic - including hot breakfast entrees, a killer 360 degree view and a great staff. The evening canapes and desserts were great and access to the lounge made a huge difference in the quality of our stay. As per previous reviews, the trams will easily get you where you need to be and the hotel is ideal for those who will spend a few days at the nearby museums. The canal boat tour starts right behind the Rijks museum so this also got us around Amsterdam in addition to the trams. I usually prefer to stay close to city center, but loved the area of this hotel - Roberto's (hotel restaurant) is good and the hotel next door had a fantastic innovative restaurant with lots of well-heeled locals and it was easy to catch a tram to Leidesplein for dinner. Amsterdam is a young, hip city, but for those who prefer a less hectic atmosphere will appreciate the Hilton's location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International