While location and room quality usually rank highest in my hotel choices, I could not write this review without mentioning the extreme friendliness of this hotel and how this made our stay so wonderful. The people are really, really nice and made a terrific first impression! The hotel is quite comfortable, but not "luxurious" compared to other 5 star European hotels. However, the friendliness and superb executive lounge make this a great hotel choice. This beautiful tree-lined neighborhood is great - soothing and serene! My nicest canal photo was right behind the hotel and walks to the tram stop were so peaceful! The rooms are OK - orange & red is a strange color for hotel decor, but the beds are comfortable with crisp white down duvets and great views (even on the non-canal side). The executive lounge is fantastic - including hot breakfast entrees, a killer 360 degree view and a great staff. The evening canapes and desserts were great and access to the lounge made a huge difference in the quality of our stay. As per previous reviews, the trams will easily get you where you need to be and the hotel is ideal for those who will spend a few days at the nearby museums. The canal boat tour starts right behind the Rijks museum so this also got us around Amsterdam in addition to the trams. I usually prefer to stay close to city center, but loved the area of this hotel - Roberto's (hotel restaurant) is good and the hotel next door had a fantastic innovative restaurant with lots of well-heeled locals and it was easy to catch a tram to Leidesplein for dinner. Amsterdam is a young, hip city, but for those who prefer a less hectic atmosphere will appreciate the Hilton's location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International