Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel with my wife and it was easily the best that I've encountered from this chain.
The hotel is in a really good location, just 10 minutes or so by taxi from the airport. It is in a nice area and we felt safe walking around. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes level walk from the Van Gogh and Rijjksmuseum, and the nice shops. It is by no means in the centre, but I wouldn't say it was remote either.
Our room had a city view and was well equipped despite not being a deluxe or anything like that. It was clean, modern and airy. This is also the only hotel which I've been to abroad which had BBC1 on the TV rather than just BBC World. Not that important I know, but at least we didn't miss Bleak House!
The staff - and in fact all the locals we encountered - were all extremely friendly and we didn't get any of the forced "have a nice day" stuff of some other places we've been. The restaurant - Roberto's - was fantastic and there was a really good selection at both breakfast and dinner. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, room service was also excellent in both selection and quality.
All in all, a brilliant short break and I would recommend it to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International