This hotel is not overrun by tourists, probably because it's a pretty good hike the nearest tourist attractions--and that, to me, is a good thing. Even though we were there as tourists ourselves, it's nice to come back to a first-class hotel that's not crowded with people frantically trying to squeeze in all of Amsterdam's tourist spots. The staff was universally friendly and helpful, particularly the young woman who ran the lobby coffee shop. The concierge helped to arrange tram tickets. provided maps and good advice, except for one restaurant recommendation, which was disastrously bad. The room was up to date and very well maintained. As others have noted, in-room Wi-Fi is expensive, but we had no problem using the free lobby Wi-Fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International