“excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
south africa
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this hotel was our first stay in amsterdam ,lovely situation green belt in front of us .the service rooms breakfast were of a very high standard ,and the prices excellent ,cannot rate the hotel highly enough.as we were part of a tour group we opted for the hilton instead of the tour groups choice ,and were really very happy.easy walking distance of the centre of town.recommended highly.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to overlook the park,in front,lovely outside patio for a drink.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Micheal Hilton,

Many thanks for your positive review of Hilton Amsterdam.

Your positive words and recommendation finds me well. Sharing such a great review with our Team gives me great joy. It works as motivation for us to hear that we are doing well and that our hard work is appreciated.

Might I recommend to try the Garden Terrace upon your next visit? Here you can enjoy a theatre view over our beautiful garden and it is an excellent place to enjoy the afternoon sun.

I hope to get the chance to personally meet you during your next visit.

Wishing you all the best,

1,261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amsterdam is expensive but a Hilton away from the city center was great. Easy tram and bus transportation to major sites & downtown, close walks to great local restaurants. Buy daily tram pass in gift shop. Concierge's local restaurant recommendations were great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay at Hilton Amsterdam.

I am delighted to hear that our services and facilities met your approval. I have personally shared you recommendations with our concierge team. We place great value on your opinion and hope we may look forward to welcoming you again the near future.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for a few days on business and enjoyed my stay.
Pros: Great location on a canal with nice gardens . Room overlooked Amsterdam and location was convenient to walk into town without being in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. Rooms were well appointed. Gym was attached to hotel and looked like it has a lot of decent workout facilities although I never had the chance to use them. Food served at conferences was good

Cons: Beds were very hard surprising given the trend to softer 'heavenly' type beds by the major chains. Front desk was overwhelmed at times and did not answer the phone when I rang down.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors with a view facing the canal
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chriw,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Amsterdam!

It is fantastic to hear you enjoyed your last stay with us. We are proud of the hotel's location, located just between the business district and the old town it provides our guests with everything they need.

Your comment regarding the beds and the Front Desk are taken into account and shared within the team. All our beds have super toppers to increase comfort and to find the right balance between support and softness. I hope we can make your next stay more comfortable.

Wishing you all the best from Amsterdam,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed there two nights a week or so ago. Very nice. Service was outstanding. Beautiful views of the canal. Room was clean and pretty good. Location is a little far from the nightlife but taxis or the tram is easily available. The tram can easily take you to the museum area and central Amsterdam. More of a business hotel but I had a great experience. However be prepared to drop some Euros if you want food or drink.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jman,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I have immediately shared your positive comments with the Team and they were happy to hear that their efforts paid off. Our gift shop sells 24H public transport access tickets, which are very convenient for city exploration.

I hope we may welcome you again with us in the near future.

Best regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night with my family. We arrived at the hotel at 7:30am fully expecting to just be able to drop off our stuff pending a 3pm check-in. We were very surprised and happy when our two rooms were ready for us immediately. We had lovely canal view rooms, which appeared to have been renovated fairly recently. Excellent and free wi-fi was easy to access and had good bandwidth. Our rate included breakfast, which was excellent. It included an excellent buffet selection coupled with made-to-order french toast and eggs. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, but just a 10 minute walk to the museum area and close to the tram. If you looking for a hotel in Amsterdam, you can't go wrong with Hilton!

Room Tip: Canal-view rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Harvlaw

Thank you for your detailed review about Hilton Amsterdam.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our excellent service and that you found our location convenient. Indeed, we offer free Wi-Fi in all of our public area’s including bar and restaurant.

Your positive comments have been shared with the breakfast team and they were pleased to hear that their efforts are acknowledged.

For your next visit I would highly recommend to take an afternoon stroll through the Vondelpark which is located just behind the hotel.

I hope we may welcome you again with us soon.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a very nice hotel that had very clean rooms and excellent service. We had a problem with our room but this was quickly dealt with by a very helpful team of staff. The italian restaurant was also exquisite, and there was a large array of food at breakfast. The only downside of this hotel is that it is not located in the very centre of the city, but I did not find this a problem and in fact quite the opposite. The neighbourhood in which the hotel is located in is very quiet and family friendly, with the voldenpark round the corner through which you can walk to the centre of the city. The museum area is also in close proximity. There is also a tram which passes very close to the hotel which can take you all around amsterdam. Although you are not right in the centre of the city this can be an advantage as Amsterdam is a very noisy and busy city and sometimes this can be overwhelming. All in all a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the garden not the car park!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hilton Amsterdam.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the excellent service and the location. It is very convenient to take tram 16 towards the city centre. It departs right behind the hotel as you mentioned.

I have personally shared your recommendations regarding Roberto’s Restaurant with the team and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit.

Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second review of this hotel. My last review was over a year ago. Still the same great service. I like the location of the quiet upscale residential neighborhood. Stayed in a junior suite on the club level and had access to the Executive Lounge. The hotel is located on a canal and there are a number of excellent restaurants within a short walking distance of the hotel. I have reviewed these. Check in was easy as was check out. The concierge staff is excellent at making reservations for restaurants, providing directions to museums, etc. You have the option of having breakfast on the executive level or in the downstairs restaurant. We opted for the restaurant as you have more options. They have an excellent buffet with cold meats and fish, cheeses, bacon, eggs, sausages, breads, cereals, yogurts, etc. If you can't find what you want, they will make it for you. My wife had poached eggs most mornings and we stayed 8 nights at this Hilton. When in Amsterdam, this is my "Go To" hotel. The tram stops are close to the hotel and it was enjoyable riding the trams around Amsterdam. Tram cards can be purchased in the gift shop at the hotel or you can purchase online passes that cover transportation as well as entrance fees to museums.

Room Tip: I absolutely recommend booking a junior suite with a balcony. Be sure to ask for one with a balcony...
Dear Plasmid,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam again. It is because of guest like you we can keep improving our services and facilities.

Your detailed comments about your stay find me very well. I am pleased to hear that all of our staff contributed to make you stay as comfortable as possible. I have personally shared your positive comments with them. Our concierge and its team are one of the best in Amsterdam and I am pleased you also experienced it that way.

I look forward to welcome you again in Hilton Amsterdam.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Amsterdam? Share your experiences!